Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I have a GTX 670 connected by HDMI to my Asus ML228 monitor. I am aware most GPU come with digital sound and want to use this to utilize a set of headphones for FSX multiplayer. The monitor only has a single line out for sound. Is there an adapter I can use to get a line in and line out for the GPU sound? Im open to any other suggestions. What I am trying to do is seperate voice communication fom regular in game sounds and a second sound card is needed so I thought why not use the GPU sound. Can this be done. If not should I just get a second sound card and if so will a USB one work or should I get a regular PCI one. Open to any and all ideas. Thanks

Solution
Oh so you want to hear yourself? It's pretty easy to do: go to recording devices, click properies on your microphone, go to Listen tab and check listen to this device. At playback drop down menu select the HDMI port.

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009

No it does not. There is no line in on the monitor to transmit voice with the headset

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Yes I understand that. Thats why the line out on the monitor transmits sound but I want to know if there is a way I can transmit sound thru the Hdmi sound with a microphone? In other words I want to use the headphones with mike to transmit and receive thru the HDMI sound from the GPU. Thanks for your patience.

Oh so you want to hear yourself? It's pretty easy to do: go to recording devices, click properies on your microphone, go to Listen tab and check listen to this device. At playback drop down menu select the HDMI port.

Solution

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009

Yes I want the voice from my mike to come out of only the HDMI. Where can I plug in the mike to allow it to be heard only thru the HDMI. Can I plug it into the mike in jack on my onboard soundcard thn direct to be heard only thru the HDMI sound

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009

Okay. I have two sets of headsets both with built in mikes. The first one has 3.5 inch jacks. When I plugged the headphone jack into the monitor and set FSX to broadcast voice over the HDMI it worked. Problem is I have to get an extension for the mike jack to reach the input on the PC so your idea is probably correct. My other headset is a USB Logitech. I also set it to receive input from monitor9HDMI) and it worked, just the voice from FSX. The problem is transmitting. It will not transmit to the HDMI audio. When I choose to transmit to the HDMI audio and have the headset configured to listen to the HDMI audio I still hear the FSX control tower but my voice does not come over. I hear nothing. To hear my voice from the USB mike I have to set it to regular speakers or direct to the headset. For it to work I need my voice to transmit in and out thru the HDMI. If I have to transmit my voice direct into my headphones to hear it it will not transmit out to anyone on the server.....I think. I know it is confusing, my head is spinning right now! Thanks again. Don't blame you if you give up.

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Here is the main problem with the USB headset. How do I change the settings to have the speakers on it receive sound from the GPU HDMI that I am sending the voice from FSX to. I have the voice set on FSX to go thru thr GPU HDMI but cannot find a way to set the USB headphones to to be set to receive that as the input

I don't give up, but I don't see why you think it will not transmit into the server.

You cannot set the input for the speakers. However, on microphone settings, you may choose which output to transmit microphone to - be it speakers or HDMI cable.

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009

I think you are right. I have been reading more and have red that the usb headphones actually work like a seperate sound card so it should work. Cant try until late tonight or Monday but I will let you know. You definitely steered me in the right direction. I definitely heard people on other servers now I have to see if I can transmit. Thanks again