[Booting issue] my pc sometimes boots and others don't !

CReative59

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Hello all,
Please help me solve my problem it's really frustrating.
I have one of those GateWay DX series but old model ( http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/dx-series/dx-series )
around a year ago my GPU stopped working totally and i had to replace it with the new HD 5670
It was working fine for sometime but now when i try to start my PC some time it does and sometime it doesn't.
When it doesn't work I see the CPU fan trying to move and then stop like it had only an initial kick that's all.
then i played around with it and when I remove my GPU it works smoothly.... also when it's placed horizontally it has a better chance of running !! Finally it stopped running at all and I had to replace my PSU and i got a cheap one 450W and it worked for a while and then the same problem again !!!
Here is my specs:
Quad core Q9400 2.66 GHz CPU
HD 5670 GPU
6GB of rams DDR3 (2 2Gb & 2 1Gb)
e super power 450W PSU

Please tell me what's wrong i don't think i have to change the PSU again !!!!

phyco126

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Well, if you get a cheap PSU you are asking for trouble. The PSU is the single most important part of your computer and is worth spending every extra cent you can on one.

When you remove your GPU, you said the computer boots up fine? If so, then either you have a bad GPU or you just aren't getting enough power from your PSU. A cheap PSU may have neither the wattage or the amps necessary to power a computer, regardless of how many watts its rated for.