Solved

500$ build

can someone give a list of setup for 500$ gaming setup an AMD base rig and a INTEL base rig..

SLI - later
SSD - no
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build
  1. This is good for the 600 range.
    if you really want to stick to the 500 budget, drop the graphics card down $100 and the psu can be lowered to 430w.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $625.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-24 03:56 EDT-0400)
  2. is newegg able to ship in philippines???
  3. way over budget.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($85.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($61.97 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($30.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $491.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-24 04:15 EDT-0400)
  4. ScrewySqrl said:
    way over budget.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($85.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($61.97 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($30.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $491.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-24 04:15 EDT-0400)



    mmm what if you change the HD 7850 to a GTX GPU??
  5. if you are in the Philippines, then no.

    on my build, you'll have to genericize it, drop from the 7850 to 7770, and stick with 400-500W PSU from Atec, Corsair, XFX, or SeaSonic.
  6. the nearest match to the 7850 is a GTX 660, which is $60 more
  7. ScrewySqrl said:
    if you are in the Philippines, then no.

    on my build, you'll have to genericize it, drop from the 7850 to 7770, and stick with 400-500W PSU from Atec, Corsair, XFX, or SeaSonic.



    look at this one .http://www.pcgilmore.com.ph/downloads/pricelist_legalsize.pdf .. pick your parts here imy buget is 20000 only
  8. Best answer
    PC Gilmore Computer Shop D-I-Y No. Customer Name Date Created
    Do-It-Yourself PC Package 00082746 09/24/2012
    Category Item Price
    Processor Intel Core i3 2120 3.3Ghz 3MB LGA1155 5,000.00
    Memory Kingston 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1333 850.00
    Hard Drive Western Digital 500GB SATA 3.0 Blue 2,700.00
    Video Card Asus EAH7770 1GB DDR5 128bit 7,500.00
    Motherboard Asus P8H61-M LX3 H61/DDR3/HDMI 2,400.00
    CD/DVD/CDRW Sony DVDRW AD7260S 24X Sata 820.00
    Floppy Drives ---
    Modems ---
    DSL / Lan Card ---
    Casing Fortress Venus ATX 700W PSU 900.00
    Keyboard ---
    Mouse ---
    Speaker ---
    UPS / AVR ---
    Monitor ---
    Printer ---
    Scanner ---
    Peripherals ---
    TOTAL 20,170.00

    I don't like that all cases include PSUs, but that 700W won't be stressed by this
  9. ScrewySqrl said:
    PC Gilmore Computer Shop D-I-Y No. Customer Name Date Created
    Do-It-Yourself PC Package 00082746 09/24/2012
    Category Item Price
    Processor Intel Core i3 2120 3.3Ghz 3MB LGA1155 5,000.00
    Memory Kingston 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1333 850.00
    Hard Drive Western Digital 500GB SATA 3.0 Blue 2,700.00
    Video Card Asus EAH7770 1GB DDR5 128bit 7,500.00
    Motherboard Asus P8H61-M LX3 H61/DDR3/HDMI 2,400.00
    CD/DVD/CDRW Sony DVDRW AD7260S 24X Sata 820.00
    Floppy Drives ---
    Modems ---
    DSL / Lan Card ---
    Casing Fortress Venus ATX 700W PSU 900.00
    Keyboard ---
    Mouse ---
    Speaker ---
    UPS / AVR ---
    Monitor ---
    Printer ---
    Scanner ---
    Peripherals ---
    TOTAL 20,170.00

    I don't like that all cases include PSUs, but that 700W won't be stressed by this



    can this setup play games like the witcher 2 in high settings??
  10. should be able to play most games in high settings at 1920x1080
  11. Best answer selected by kramkat.
  12. ok thanks a lot screwySqrl
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Systems Product