Sign in with
Your question

NVidia Driver Display Error 295.73

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 4, 2012 1:13:00 PM

Can someone offer some help?

I have a brand new machine, assembled by MicroCenter. I have an EVGA GTX GeForce 570 2.56GB GPU with an Intel 3930 2011 Socket CPU, an ASUS X79 Deluxe motherboard and G Skill RipJaws RAM (8x4, 32GB, 1600). When I first got the machine, it started to randomly go to black screen for a few seconds, then the screen would come back and I'd get this error message -

"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver Version 295.73 has stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I took the machine back to MicroCenter and they tested the memory and the GPU and found no problems. The tech said he couldn't replicate the error. I took the machine home and immediately started getting the same message. All drivers are absolutely new - as of yesterday.

Can anyone help me figure out how to resolve this problem?
a b U Graphics card
August 4, 2012 4:35:29 PM

Uninstall your current video card drivers. Use driver sweeper to remove any other driver files from your system. Reboot when prompted. Download the latest NVIDIA drivers from their website.
http://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in
Install. Report back if problem still persists.
August 4, 2012 4:43:30 PM

The machine has just returned from service where all new drivers were installed - this was yesterday. Will the "uninstall-sweep-reinstall" make any contribution if the drivers were just installed yesterday? I'll be glad to do it, but I don't know why the process should work.
a c 539 U Graphics card
August 4, 2012 5:01:30 PM

Those are old drivers. Go to the Nvidia website and install the latest 304.79 drivers.
!