I like vista better than windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello
I like Vista better than Windows 7 so now I have to do a factory reset to get it back.

G

I like how the tool bar worked. It ran faster. It had a better photo fixer. Disk defragmenter worked faster and better. Just to name a few.

I like how the tool bar worked. It ran faster. It had a better photo fixer. Disk defragmenter worked faster and better. Just to name a few.

1) The 7 taskbar takes some getting used to, but has much more functionality than the XP/Vista version.
2) If your 7 is slower than your Vista was, you most likely did an in-place upgrade or have a ton of crapware running. Do a clean install for best results.
3) If you want the photo features, download Live Essentials. It is no longer included in the OS as standard.
4) OK, can't comment here, I've never use the defrag feature on either Vista or 7.

In short, 7 is built on top of Vista, so there is no reason for you to like it any less than you liked Vista.

Just my two cents...

G

Did you ever have Vista? I feel that if someone just get windows 7 they will love it, but if you had Vista then upgrade you won't see much enhancements, and may find you liked Vista better as I do.

G

Thanks for your thoughts. Just passing on some thoughts in favor of Vista. What did they think was so bad with it? I never had any problems.

butcher

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Personally i like the Vista Style Task bar(low profile bar and descriptive tabs) but that is easy to fix and when the bar is full it converts to the Win 7 style any way

best of both worlds :)

other wise as long as you don't have a slow PC they are pretty much the same

PS. I also like Vistas coloured shutdown button, the side ways expandyness of the hidden Apps on the task bar (but the Win 7 style is growing on me as my list of apps increases)

i also don't like how much space pinned apps take up on on the task bar in Win7 (i am not blind so i don't need a task bar that is 5 foot tall with icons the size of fists)

Did you ever have Vista? I feel that if someone just get windows 7 they will love it, but if you had Vista then upgrade you won't see much enhancements, and may find you liked Vista better as I do.

I had Vista. And I work on a lot of PCs at my job with Vista. Vista wasn't a bad OS. It ran fine. But faster than 7? Not possible. I installed Vista and 7 on the exact same hardware and 7 is by far faster.

If you did do a upgrade, thats never the way to install a new OS. It always has problems. I never did it from 98->XP nor from XP->Vista or from Vista->7. Always a clean install.

As for the defrag working faster, thats not always better. I use Smart Defrag and it takes anywhere from 20 minutes to over an hour depending on the file size and fragments. I would rather the disk defrager to be good than fast.

You had less working on 7 than Vista? I was the opposite. Kinda weird.

edmond419

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I like 7 better, why?

1) notification tray that you can move the icons around
2) pinned items on icons (to use, drag a file and drop it on a program icon on taskbar, and to view them, right click)
3) programs can be pinned on taskbar
4) wireless signal quality meter
5) to me, I had vista installed, but when I installed 7 on second partition it ran faster than vista
6) if you run it on netbooks, you can get it to the desktop in as few as probably 30 seconds...
7) faster sleep and hibernate and resumation (in vista it took practically forever)
8) I gained 30 minutes of battery life on my laptop running 7 (even if the processor speed is set to 0% on min and max in power options)
9) you can see the date, its there naturally and you dont have to put the mouse on the clock
10) defragger has a progress meter (just % and pass 1, 2 etc..., unlike XP) and vista doesn't
11) Support location sensors
12) click on the network icon to connect to networks in 3 clicks (or 4 for pw protected networks)
13) has a better paint, wordpad, etc... paint can draw shapes and you can precisely position/size them before flattening itself into the picture
14) for some reason for me works better with the Tom's Hardware Website
15) I defragged my hard drive with 2% framentation and took 30 mins -- on vista it took practicaly 6 hours even on 2%

jimdog1982

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
in actually for me windows vista was ment for only gaming with dx10 it runs smoother then win 7 runs like crap for me the newer on hp a6110n newer nvida driver bsod on me i have to revolt back to older *** clean install of win 7 im sticking with vista i installed sep part and dual booted both windows 7 doesn't make a difference because for 1 it runs the same process with all the same app installed so yeah how can windows 7 be faster when its vista with the same OS and number change and new skin Microsoft lied its just another marketing scam he right windows live doesn't come vista u have to download it im running windows vista home prem sp2 so im done with 7 vista just like xp in every way the paint better the new paint in 7 knock off off Microsoft office the windows media player sucks unlike windows vista were u can just click and install music instead of doing manually threw a ******* folder its so retarded and doesn't come with windows movie make and the windows media center for win 7 sucks much better on vista i hate the left side windows media player feature its so ******* stupid its not Evan funny and plus windows vista is longhorn baby and longhorn for ever we wont see a complete os change lintel windows 8 comes out there hacks on windows 7 skins to make windows 7 look like 8 buts its not Microsoft Evan stated the beta wont be out Intel early next year maybe a complete over haul of new os because there building from ground up like they did with vista that why they scratched it at the last second for vista and started over longhorn was killed and vista re over hauled so yeah windows 7 blows i don't like the i cons i think its like a bowl of *** the calc sucks the paint sucks vista has better features at least windows media player can be on the toolbar instead of pined like and idiot and be placed on the right side my dx 10 card works better in vista so yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.