Sign in with
Your question

Radeon 5770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 4, 2012 1:29:15 PM

Hello,I've recently been having problems with my display it all started when trying to play fort zombie and it basically says that i have direct 3d disabled (which i do but I can't enable it for some reason) and that my hardware acceleration is set to full it also says pixel shader 2.0 and vertex shader 2.0 is required.
I'm having similar problems with arma 2 which comes up with "display adapter does no support format d24s8 for x8r8g8b8.

I have probably spent a couple of days trying to fix the issue, I thought it was a driver issue so i uninstalled and re installed but no change what so ever except now my screen resolution has now started jumping from 1024 x 768 (which is what i set it to) to 720 x 480, I have noticed on various forums people are having the same issue with arma but being a bit of a newb I couldn't find a solution any help would be greatly appreciated.
thankyou in advance

More about : radeon 5770

August 4, 2012 1:43:18 PM

I wish I could help, but the best I can do is bump.

I would think the key is getting D3D back working.

Anyone with a DX11 video card has no reason not to be running D3D.

Good luck.
August 4, 2012 1:51:06 PM

Related resources
August 4, 2012 1:52:33 PM

It just wont let enable any of the three options ie d3d, direct draw or textures :??:  it seems strange not to even be given the option to enable them.
August 4, 2012 2:59:22 PM

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Also make sure you video card drivers are up to date.
August 4, 2012 3:17:34 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure its all up to date, I'm going to try crysis now to see if that works, but from what I've been able to find It could be an underlying issue with the os Maybe a complete reinstall is the only option, people have said it can sometimes recover itself but that has not happened for me
August 4, 2012 6:56:13 PM

now its worse, cant play crysis and after uninstalling drivers with driver sweeper and reinstalling all drivers to latest my screen now randomly gets purple blocks on a black background and opening any application in fullscreen (apart from Chrome) forces my display resolution to 720 x 480 and also I'm having problems with 2d graphics everything drags and stutters even scrolling this webpage I think its going to have to be a ground up software rebuild tomorrow with my dads help, but could anyone shed any light on what may be going on , thankyou in advance
!