[Help!!] Weird problems recently, Freezing & Unable to start

kamale

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Hey gents,

I've actually come to a point where I really have no idea what to do any more :cry: :fou: . To cut things short I'll state my system specs and then I'll state in point form what problems have been going on then I'll input all the things I've tried doing with the results that i got out of it. Currently in safe mode so please forgive me for being so brief really appreciate whoever is able to input ANY ideas or solutions or even took the time to read :D

SYSTEM SPECS
MOBO: Gigabyte Z68P-DS3
CPU: I5 2500k 3.3 (Not overclocked)
Ram: G-Skill RipjawsX F3 12800CL9 4GBx2 on Slot 0 & Slot 1
GPU: Palit GTX 560Ti
HDD 1: Crucial M4-CT128 SSD2 (Main drive with Win7 boot)
HDD 2: ST2000DL003 Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB (Dual Boot Win7)
PSU: Seasonic M12II0520 Modular

PERIPHERALS (Never know if they would play a part)
Monitors: 2x Samsung Syncmaster S20B300 (Connected via DVI)
Mice: Razer Naga & Razer Naga Hex
Keyboard: Razer DeathStalker
Speakers: Altec Lansing MX 5021

Day 1 of issue (No SSD installed YET):
-Power on PC after night shift (PC at rest for whole night) after windows logo spinning, monitors go into standby mode PC still running HDD activity ON. (Hard reset)

Remedy (No SSD installed YET):
-Loaded up safemode did a system restore. Reset, same problem.
-Hard reset into safemode ran chkdsk, no bad sectors. Reset, same problem.
-Hard reset into safemode with network downloaded Ccleaner cleaned out all registry issues.
-Reset, system starts up normally. (Before going to bed ran AVG full system scan no abnormalities detected)

SSD arrives in mail same day as issue has been rectified.
Between day 1 and day 2 there have been some random freezes while watching video or when PC starts up. Windows freezes with sound jamming up. Only way is to hard reset then it loads fine.

Day 2 part 1 of issue (SSD as main boot drive):
- Power on PC after night shift (PC at rest for whole night) Windows loads up, 1 hour +- into watching streaming video, Windows Freezes sound jams up. CTRL ALT DEL not working everythings stuck.

Remedy: Hard reset into safemode, run ccleaner and remove all registry issues, reset & windows loads normally.

Day 2 part 2 of issue (SSD as main boot drive):
- Watching streaming video preparing for bed, Windows Windows Freezes sound jams up. CTRL ALT DEL not working everythings stuck.

Remedy: Hard reset into safemode, run ccleaner to remove registry problems but there are NONE.
-Reset try to start again, Start windows normally after windows logo monitors go into standby mode HDD activity still on.
-Hard reset into safemode with networking download Memtest86+
-Reset run memtest86+ 4 passes NO ERRORS
-Reset try start same problem
-Hard reset safe mode networking, tomshardware.... and here i am

Well I am up to here I'm sorry its so so sooooo messy but this is every single detail of what has happened. I got roughly 2 more hours till night shift AGAIN just drop me some remedies if you guys have any and i'll keep checking thanks again and apologies for being so messy.

najirion

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
any hardware changes before the errors? I see you have OS in both the SSD and HDD drives. which one where you using wherein everything was fine? I think you have registry problems. Use your main boot drive only, start with that.. if it's fine, try it with the HDDs. It that is causing problems, you need to install fresh OS, redo your settings in your drives in terms of which is which

kamale

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009

I'm sorry but all the questions you've asked, the answers are all in my initial post.

Ok I'll try doing this when i get home. Actually would the bios be an issue?

While thinking i thought of just reformatting the system and flashing my MOBO's Bios.