Luxmark GPGPU Benchmark-Let the Races Begin!

I have a major interest in GPGPU acceleration so I wanted to check out a benchmark that focused on it.

So I found this benchmark called Luxmark.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/LuxMark-v2.0-download-2851.html

That is the download page on guru3d.

Toms uses this bench in its 2012 benching and here is their scoreboard.
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2012-vga-gpgpu/15-GPGPU-Luxmark,2971.html

Toms uses the Luxball HDR GPU only test

I also found this scoreboard.
http://www.luxrender.net/luxmark/

they use the Sala scene for their benches

the best way to post your score is to use the windows 7 snipping tool and use a service like Photobucket or Imageshack to post is

Let the games begin!

My gtx 560 Ti :)

luxmark.png

okay here is Sala scene in windowed mode

that is a HD 6870 stock 900/1050 OCd to 950/1150
Phenom II x 4 965 Black Edition at 4ghz, 8gb of 1600mhz CL9

I am going to try the same scene in full screen mode and see if it makes a difference in score

try running the Luxball HDR in GPU only mode
the Toms benchmark chart uses that bench
also in the official Luxrender scoreboard you can use the search to drill down and find cards in the same performance bracket
and you beat me you young whippersnapper LOL
good going

The 8800GT of course (still the best card of all time IMHO), the 560 rig is busy atm looking for cures and I don't want to disturb it in case it tries to harm me when I'm sleeping. :sweat:

darn russk

your score is in the top 20 on the scoreboard

2012-05-20 00:20:41

GPU 2xGeForce GTX 590 [64 units @ 0MHz] + 2xTesla M2050 [56 units @ 0MHz]

2012-02-14 15:33:27

CPU+GPU 2xHD5870 + HD5850 + Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz [12 units @ 3201MHz]

you would be in 9th place if you submit your score LOL

RussK1

Splendid

Where are the scores and how do I submit?

**EDIT**

Nevermind, score submitted... check it out. I can flip the switch and I'd jump up a couple more spots!

darn RussK1 that is awesome
I have never even come close in my life to a top 20 chart in benchmarks
and Yeah! 965 BE
at under a hundred dollars it is one of the best deals in CPUs I have ever seen
right now the 965BE and 970be and 980be have limited availability at great prices
but sad to say they are only equal to a I7-920 stock when the BEs are at 4.2ghz
but I got my 965BE for $89 from Microcenter and as far as bang for buck goes that is hard to beat

I havent tried the CPU benching yet
interesting bench though one of the mods said on the Folding at home thread that AMDs do great in the OpenCL benching but in real world application have a problem with the drivers
my problem right now is that as far as GPU upgrades go by the end of the year I will have about a $250 upgrade budget for GPU but at that price point there really isnt any card I seen that will improve upon the HD 6870 enough to make it worth it
unless the HD 7870 comes down in price
hopefully I can get a 7870 for 250 with a holiday sale deal
i might just wait it out until AMD and Nvidia bring out new series of cards

RussK1

Splendid
interesting bench though one of the mods said on the Folding at home thread that AMDs do great in the OpenCL benching but in real world application have a problem with the drivers

Who's this coming from? Die hard nVidia fans? Can take a quick browse through the Adobe forums and see that the main complaints are aimed at nVidia and not AMD.

Much like the guys who love quoting BF3 benchmarks but don't have a single hour played.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/979969

Photoshop CS6 GPU FAQ

Introduction

This document provides a quick reference guide to video card usage in Photoshop. Some features require a compatible video card to work; if the video card or its driver is defective or unsupported, those features will not work at all. Other features use the video card for acceleration and if the card or driver is defective those features will run more slowly.

Mercury Graphics Engine

The Mercury Graphics Engine (MGE) represents features that use video card, or GPU, acceleration. In Photoshop CS6, this new engine delivers near-instant results when editing with key tools such as Liquify, Warp, Lighting Effects and the Oil Paint filter. The new MGE delivers unprecedented responsiveness for a fluid feel as you work.

MGE is new to Photoshop CS6, and uses both the OpenGL and OpenCL frameworks. It does not use the proprietary CUDA framework from nVidia.

In order to use MGE, you must have a supported video card and updated driver. If you do not have a supported card, performance will be degraded. In most cases the acceleration is lost and the feature runs in the normal CPU mode. However, there are some features that will not work without a supported video card.

If you look at the bottom the GTX 600 series aren't even supported.