Tom's overburning guide was wrong?

G

hate to say it, but it looks like Tom's Hardware was wrong. I've followed the guide completely with Nero 5.5.5.1 and everytime I get a message saying "not enough space to burn this compilation onto this medium." and no where does it say "Write Overburn CD".

is this a fake article? is it a joke? or did Nero remove the overburning option? It's in the preferences, but when I burn I get an error. Does it only work on audio CDs? I'm burning data, so that might be it.

awww [-peep-] :( i was right, only works with audio cds :( :( :( that's stupid, wish tom would have said that!!!!

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
I've overbured in the past using nero, cant remember what version :( I now have 5.5 and I'll have a look when I get home.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

alphateam

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There was just one small step missed in that articel. When you choose to "write cd" it will kick out your cd and say "insert cd with suffiect size" (or something like that). Even though the cd you had in there was of suffiecent size. Just close the tray and let it detect the cd, THEN you will get the option to overburn.

I just burned a 871 MB VCD with the guide from Tom. I have a Plextor 12/10/32a. So I don't think it was only with audio cd's. Because its all just 1's and 0's.

-Alpha
Sorry I missed church, I've been busy practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian.