Sign in with
Your question
Closed

CPU and cooling concern

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
February 7, 2013 2:12:56 PM

Hey guys I just recently purchased a gaming system and I have a few concerns I'm worried about. I have little to no tech skills but some of my components are...

INTEL I7-3820 3.6 GHZ 10M LGA

AZZA WHITE GENESIS 9000 FULL TOWER CASE

ASETEK 510LC 120MM WATERCOOLER

GEFORCE GTX 660 TI 3GB

GIGABYTE X79-UP4 QUAD CROSSFIRE/ QUAD SLI SATA 3.0 US 1

COONIX 800 WATT 80 PLUS ATX POWER SUPPLY

I have a few questions and concerns and I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out. I've looked and looked and looked and I just can't seem to find a solution. I've only had the computer for less than a week and it's running great, don't get me wrong, but I had a blue screen of death a couple days ago and after investigating and poking around a bit I realized that the fans for the water cooling attatched to the processor weren't spinning. All fans in the case are standard, and are all working. Now I know that fans not working are a common problem, I've checked the connections and everything seems fine, I called Cyberpower customer service and their response was to send me "a new fan". So I have two fans, one on the back of the radiator and in front of it that aren't spinning. How do I know if my water cooling system is working properly? I have installed RealTemp and am keeping an eye on my temperature cores. I dont plan on doing any overclocking or doing anything too intensive, just mainly using it for a few games I enjoy to play. And also some video editing. When I start the computer the temps start out between 20-30s and gradually rise in the 60s and 70s, i've even had them reach in the low 80s celsius. Isnt that a little hot for a processor? THat's why I'm a bit concerned about my cooling system working. It is wintertime and very cold in my house so that helps for the moment but could anyone please shed some light on this issue? Basically, do the fans for the cooling unit spin when it's too hot? From my limited understanding and experience with computers, shouldnt the fans ALWAYS be spinning? The load on the CPU has never been too much, ive just been downloading a couple of things and playing a game and browsing the web. So according to realtemp the load is 5-6%.

THank you guys in advance I look forward to some advice and insights.

More about : cpu cooling concern

Best solution

a c 78 à CPUs
February 7, 2013 3:36:06 PM

If the fans for your CPU cooler are not spinning, fix that first.

If you have new fans that are not working either, then maybe the place you are plugging them into is bad. (or possibly a secondary fan header that's not "activated" in the BIOS.)

February 7, 2013 5:28:49 PM

So they are always meant to be spinning? There is no such thing as the fans coming on when the heatsink gets too hot?

How can I check to see if there is anything to activate in the BIOS? The connections seem fine. A friend of mine had me trace the wire to where it was connected and try plugging it into a section of the motherboard and that didn't work.
Score
Related resources
February 14, 2013 12:34:04 AM

Best answer selected by ivanfrombg.
Score
a b à CPUs
February 14, 2013 10:42:06 PM

This topic has been closed by Brett928S2
Score
!