How do I stop pop-up's?

My wrist is getting sore by this doubling or tripling of mouse-clicks to get
rid of the pop-up's that has the audacity to steal focus constantly. Make my
day and tell me how I get rid if it.

Carsten
6 answers Last reply
More about stop

    Carsten Troelsgaard wrote:
    > My wrist is getting sore by this doubling or tripling of mouse-clicks to get
    > rid of the pop-up's that has the audacity to steal focus constantly. Make my
    > day and tell me how I get rid if it.
    >
    > Carsten

    Use Firefox which has a built in blocker or if you are using IE
    check out
    http://lists.gpick.com/pages/Ad~PopUp_Tools.htm

    Charlie.

    --
    Broadcasting to the environs
    www.radiowymsey.org

    Pop-Up Stopper www.panicware.com

    Carsten Troelsgaard wrote:
    > My wrist is getting sore by this doubling or tripling of mouse-clicks
    > to get rid of the pop-up's that has the audacity to steal focus
    > constantly. Make my day and tell me how I get rid if it.
    >
    > Carsten

    Are you updated to SP2 for windows XP?

    Unless you have disabled it, it has a fairly decent popup blocker built into
    IE.

    Other than that, the Mozilla Firefox browser is pretty good at keeping
    popups away. I pretty much use Firefox exclusively now, except for when I
    have to get my windows updates, then I have to use IE.

    --
    Don Burnette

    "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
    way of the person that's doing it."

    "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Carsten Troelsgaard wrote:
    >> My wrist is getting sore by this doubling or tripling of mouse-clicks
    >> to get rid of the pop-up's that has the audacity to steal focus
    >> constantly. Make my day and tell me how I get rid if it.
    >>
    >> Carsten
    >

    > Are you updated to SP2 for windows XP?
    >
    > Unless you have disabled it, it has a fairly decent popup blocker built
    > into IE.
    >
    > Other than that, the Mozilla Firefox browser is pretty good at keeping
    > popups away. I pretty much use Firefox exclusively now, except for when I
    > have to get my windows updates, then I have to use IE.

    Thanks for your replies
    I havn't made myself clear ,, I'm talking about xp's own messages that pops
    up on the lover right corner of the screen. I'm running an updated sp2, so
    pop-up advertizing is no problem, besides, it doesn't take fokus and
    absolutely needs attention. The particular and repeated twist of the hand to
    get down and deal with it is potentially stressing millions of people that
    may already struggle with mouse-related enjuries. It's a disgrace if
    Microsoft hasn't build-in an option to stop the thing. Passing log-like or
    'to do' info is good ... just not how it's implemented.

    Carsten

    In news:OC9pVMSrFHA.908@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Carsten Troelsgaard <carsten.troelsgaard@NoSpam.mail.dk> had this to say:

    > "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> skrev i en meddelelse
    >> Carsten Troelsgaard wrote:
    >>> My wrist is getting sore by this doubling or tripling of
    >>> mouse-clicks to get rid of the pop-up's that has the audacity to
    >>> steal focus constantly. Make my day and tell me how I get rid if it.
    >>>
    >>> Carsten
    >>

    >> Are you updated to SP2 for windows XP?
    >>
    >> Unless you have disabled it, it has a fairly decent popup blocker
    >> built into IE.
    >>
    >> Other than that, the Mozilla Firefox browser is pretty good at
    >> keeping popups away. I pretty much use Firefox exclusively now,
    >> except for when I have to get my windows updates, then I have to use
    >> IE.
    >
    > Thanks for your replies
    > I havn't made myself clear ,, I'm talking about xp's own messages
    > that pops up on the lover right corner of the screen. I'm running an
    > updated sp2, so pop-up advertizing is no problem, besides, it doesn't
    > take fokus and absolutely needs attention. The particular and
    > repeated twist of the hand to get down and deal with it is
    > potentially stressing millions of people that may already struggle
    > with mouse-related enjuries. It's a disgrace if Microsoft hasn't
    > build-in an option to stop the thing. Passing log-like or 'to do'
    > info is good ... just not how it's implemented.
    > Carsten

    I think I know why you haven't found it. They're called balloon tips.

    Disable Balloon Tips in Windows XP:
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsXP/RegistryTips/Disable-Hide/DisableBalloonTipsinWindowsXP.html

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse

    > I think I know why you haven't found it. They're called balloon tips.
    >
    > Disable Balloon Tips in Windows XP:
    > http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsXP/RegistryTips/Disable-Hide/DisableBalloonTipsinWindowsXP.html
    >
    > Galen
    > --