New system build opinions

Here are the specs for my final build. I was still a little undicided on the video card so I put down the two I was looking at.

Inel Core i53570K 3.4ghz=frys electronics
Asus P8P67 B3 motherboard=frys electronics
Seasonic G Series 550W=newegg
8GB Corsair XMS3 (already have 8 for a total of 16GB)=newegg
Kingston 128GB SSD=newegg
Asus GTX680 DirectCU II TOP Core Clock 1137Mhz or SLI GTX560 DirectCU II TOP core clock 925Mhz=newegg

As far as a case im going to purchase that from frys electronics when i go there in a week and a half(wanted to see it before i buy it). Just looking for opinions on what is not good and what i can go cheaper on.
5 answers Last reply
More about system build opinions
  1. I forgot to mention that is build is for heavy gaming and my budget is around $1400
  2. I also read in the forums sli would be beneficial for 1080p, since the new monitor im getting is 1080p, would it be better for me to get the sli gtx560 or stick with the gtx 680's. I just want to make sure i have good performance, heat and power consumption is not a big deal to me.
  3. decided to just stick with the gtx 680, just looking for opinions on everythng
  4. phill1980 said:
    Here are the specs for my final build. I was still a little undicided on the video card so I put down the two I was looking at.

Inel Core i53570K 3.4ghz=frys electronics
    Asus P8P67 B3 motherboard=frys electronics
    Seasonic G Series 550W=newegg
    8GB Corsair XMS3 (already have 8 for a total of 16GB)=newegg
    Kingston 128GB SSD=newegg
    Asus GTX680 DirectCU II TOP Core Clock 1137Mhz or SLI GTX560 DirectCU II TOP core clock 925Mhz=newegg

As far as a case im going to purchase that from frys electronics when i go there in a week and a half(wanted to see it before i buy it). Just looking for opinions on what is not good and what i can go cheaper on.

You want a Z77 board for that Ivy Bridge cpu, look at the gtx 670 for $100 less yet pretty much the same performance and if you go with a Kingston SSD make sure it's the HyperX series. If this build is for gaming then 8GB seeing how 4GB is fine and 8GB is future proofing.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice <----- this is the build format pinned at the top of this forum.
  5. I know about the format I was just in a hurry to post before I came into work, think I'll go with the 670 sounds like a better deal, glad to find out about the z77, I was unsure about that, how do you find out about info on pairing up your CPU with correct chipset, would I go to the motherboard website? Just wanted to know for future reference
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Core Systems