Returning XP to Previous Date

I have somehow managed to "lose" an important folder that I had saved to my
desktop. It wasn't in the recycle bin so can anyone please advise me on how I
return the desktop to the way it appeared on a previous date ?
4 answers Last reply
More about returning previous date

    Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

    "Phil T" <Phil T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have somehow managed to "lose" an important folder that I had saved to my
    > desktop. It wasn't in the recycle bin so can anyone please advise me on
    > how I
    > return the desktop to the way it appeared on a previous date ?

    To search for a file or folder
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/find_file.mspx

    Searching for files and folders
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/find_c_search_where.mspx

    HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:0313B6A4-6AC9-47F6-9DD2-46148524FE89@microsoft.com,
    Phil T <Phil T@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have somehow managed to "lose" an important folder that I had saved to
    > my desktop. It wasn't in the recycle bin so can anyone please advise me
    > on how I return the desktop to the way it appeared on a previous date ?

    Jerry;
    System Restore is not intended to restore and will not restore personal
    data.
    Other options such as data recovery or back-ups will be necessary.
    See this for more about System Restore:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/faqsrwxp.mspx

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
    >
    > "Phil T" <Phil T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have somehow managed to "lose" an important folder that I had saved to
    >>my
    >> desktop. It wasn't in the recycle bin so can anyone please advise me on
    >> how I
    >> return the desktop to the way it appeared on a previous date ?

    *sometimes* it works for desktop items. It's worth a shot.

    > Jerry;
    > System Restore is not intended to restore and will not restore personal
    > data.
    > Other options such as data recovery or back-ups will be necessary.
    > See this for more about System Restore:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/faqsrwxp.mspx
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
    >> Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
    >>
    >> "Phil T" <Phil T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have somehow managed to "lose" an important folder that I had saved to
    >>>my
    >>> desktop. It wasn't in the recycle bin so can anyone please advise me on
    >>> how I
    >>> return the desktop to the way it appeared on a previous date ?

Configuration Desktops Customization Windows XP