Returning XP to Previous Date

August 29, 2005 5:56:11 PM

I have somehow managed to "lose" an important folder that I had saved to my
desktop. It wasn't in the recycle bin so can anyone please advise me on how I
return the desktop to the way it appeared on a previous date ?
August 29, 2005 6:03:21 PM

Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

"Phil T" <Phil T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have somehow managed to "lose" an important folder that I had saved to my
> desktop. It wasn't in the recycle bin so can anyone please advise me on
> how I
> return the desktop to the way it appeared on a previous date ?
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 7:10:57 PM

To search for a file or folder

Searching for files and folders

HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302347

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:0313B6A4-6AC9-47F6-9DD2-46148524FE89@microsoft.com,
Phil T <Phil T@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have somehow managed to "lose" an important folder that I had saved to
> my desktop. It wasn't in the recycle bin so can anyone please advise me
> on how I return the desktop to the way it appeared on a previous date ?
August 29, 2005 8:02:06 PM

Jerry;
System Restore is not intended to restore and will not restore personal
data.
Other options such as data recovery or back-ups will be necessary.
See this for more about System Restore:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/f...

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

> Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
>
> "Phil T" <Phil T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have somehow managed to "lose" an important folder that I had saved to
>>my
>> desktop. It wasn't in the recycle bin so can anyone please advise me on
>> how I
>> return the desktop to the way it appeared on a previous date ?

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 9:31:53 PM

*sometimes* it works for desktop items. It's worth a shot.

!