Sign in with
Your question

I7-3770 Freezing

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
February 7, 2013 5:52:46 PM

Asking in a new threat because I have been searching through various places online and that has been suggested seems to have worked for me.

Specs:
Win 7 Professional 64-bit
i7-3770 @ 3.40ghz
Asus P8Z77-V LX S1155 Intel Z77
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
80GB Intel SSD
120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
1TB Western Digital Hard Drive
OCZ 600W StealthXStream Power Supply
ADDON NWP210 Wireless PCI Adapter

I've recently installed only the MB / Processor, rest of the compnents were functioning fine with a Phenom X4 2.6ghz and an AMD Evo MB. About a week of use of the PC and now it seems to hang entirely randomly, it never strikes twice doing exactly the same thing. Screen freezes, any current audio loops, need to be powered off manually. It seems to happen most often when doing something like browsing the web or when playing games that use very few resources. I've never had it hang when using something else.

What I've Tried:
Power Settings > Performance (i've also disabled all HDD idle shutoff timers)
Running Prime95 overnight - no issues
Memtest86 - Ran to completion with no issues
Scandisk - Detects no issues on SSDs
Increasing Memory Voltage in BIOS up to 1.550v - issue persists
Reseating / Testing 1 stick of RAM at a time - issue persists
Using different ram (2x2GB Corsair 1333mhz) - issue persists
Updating MB Bios / Drivers to latest version - thought it worked at first, but a few days later back to square one

If anyone has some advice I would love to hear it right now i'm running out of ideas and whilst it is usable I do not want this to result in damage to my equipment nor to stress me to kingdom come!

More about : 3770 freezing

a b à CPUs
February 7, 2013 6:57:03 PM

I assume a clean reinstall of Windows after the motherboard change?
Anonymous
February 7, 2013 7:30:10 PM

Yeah, I ran a fresh install of windows after i'd added the new mb/cpu.

I also forgot to say in original post that i've check my temperatures and it seems to be averaging at about 32 degrees, 40 if i make it work harder
a b à CPUs
February 7, 2013 7:44:04 PM

I was going to say memory, BUT, I have had that same issue with bad drivers for my vga card in the past. Try removing them, reinstalling them and reseating the card. You can also try the onboard vga and see if it persists.
!