Computer does not open folders by double clicking

When I double click using the left mouse button on a file or folder, the file
or folder does not open. Instead the search window comes up. This has just
happened recently. Right clicking on the mouse gives me the option of opening
the file or folder.
1 answer Last reply
More about computer open folders double clicking

    Fixes the problem where Search or Command Prompt opens
    when double clicking a folder © Doug Knox
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

    Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:0C403E1C-18A7-4561-8743-1CF99FD2EAAF@microsoft.com,
    bigrigrollerphantom909 <bigrigrollerphantom909@discussions.microsoft.com>
    hunted and pecked:
    > When I double click using the left mouse button on a file or folder, the
    > file or folder does not open. Instead the search window comes up. This
    > has just happened recently. Right clicking on the mouse gives me the
    > option of opening the file or folder.

Configuration Mice Computers Windows XP