Sign in with
Your question

Monitor won't display

Last response: in Components
February 7, 2013 6:57:08 PM

I have no idea what it could be. I bought this barebones kit:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] &CatId=332

Then I bought a Corseair TX 600 watt power supply, and a Radeon hd 6770 graphics card.

This is a first time build, so I have no experience with it. When I turn it on i hear the beep, all the fans run perfectly, everything seems fine, but nothing is on the monitor. Right now I'm plugging the monitor into the motherboard, (i'm waiting to get a DVI cable so i can plug it into the graphics card) I get nothing. But when i put the HD 5450 on the mobo and plug the monitor into that, i see the GIGABYTE starting window flash on, then darkness almost instantly, i pressed f2, delete, everything just to try and get something on the screen, and still nothing. I'm thinking its the VGA cable that I've had for a while, but i have no idea. Thank you for your help! :) 

More about : monitor display

a c 1363 U Graphics card
a c 100 C Monitor
February 7, 2013 7:40:53 PM

If you have the 6770 in when doing this it possibly disables the onboard. Did you not get DVI to VGA adapter with the card?
m
l
February 7, 2013 7:52:15 PM

I just tried removing the card, and im still just getting a flash of the start up. And it didn't come with an adapter :( 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2013 8:58:38 PM

your link doesnt work
m
l
!