Monitor won't display

I have no idea what it could be. I bought this barebones kit:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] &CatId=332

Then I bought a Corseair TX 600 watt power supply, and a Radeon hd 6770 graphics card.

This is a first time build, so I have no experience with it. When I turn it on i hear the beep, all the fans run perfectly, everything seems fine, but nothing is on the monitor. Right now I'm plugging the monitor into the motherboard, (i'm waiting to get a DVI cable so i can plug it into the graphics card) I get nothing. But when i put the HD 5450 on the mobo and plug the monitor into that, i see the GIGABYTE starting window flash on, then darkness almost instantly, i pressed f2, delete, everything just to try and get something on the screen, and still nothing. I'm thinking its the VGA cable that I've had for a while, but i have no idea. Thank you for your help! :)
3 answers Last reply
More about monitor display
  1. If you have the 6770 in when doing this it possibly disables the onboard. Did you not get DVI to VGA adapter with the card?
  2. I just tried removing the card, and im still just getting a flash of the start up. And it didn't come with an adapter :(
  3. your link doesnt work
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Components