Sign in with
Your question

EVGA GTX 670 FTW or Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 4, 2012 8:32:26 PM

Trying to decide between these two GPU's for my new system and I was wondering what you guys thought. I like using EVGA because I've never had any problems with their products, but I really like that the Windforce stays so cool. Do any of you have any experience working with either or both of these cards and have some input?:) 

Thanks
a b U Graphics card
August 4, 2012 8:34:54 PM

in my opinion the Gigabyte as it has better cooling and cost a few bucks less ? :D 
m
l
August 4, 2012 8:39:54 PM

gamerkila57 said:
in my opinion the Gigabyte as it has better cooling and cost a few bucks less ? :D 

exactly my thought process:)  Been reading some reviews of the Gigabyte card and it looks like an amazing gpu!
m
l
Related resources
a c 639 U Graphics card
August 4, 2012 9:01:46 PM

Assuming you have good case airflow, you might as well go for the cheaper one.

The FTW vents heat outside the case, which is convenient. It also is basically a 670 chip on a 680 board for better cooling (larger fan and heatsink) and better power phases for higher overclocks.

The Gigabyte Windforce is known for being very quiet.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 2:54:20 PM

EVGA GTX 670 FTW = FTW...
m
l
August 5, 2012 5:17:54 PM

Gigabyte is better,because it heats less than the FTW and it's a few bucks cheaper
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 5:20:01 PM

Gigabyte = Giggle-buggie...
EVGA = top customer service and warranty plan.
m
l
August 5, 2012 6:43:02 PM

verbalizer said:
Gigabyte = Giggle-buggie...
EVGA = top customer service and warranty plan.

It's a good thing they have a warranty plan, because I heard many of them have been overheating....not what I want my gpu to do.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 6:48:21 PM

Kopeland said:
It's a good thing they have a warranty plan, because I heard many of them have been overheating....not what I want my gpu to do.

overheating because of overclocking and poor air-flow in case.
add some case fans and your fine...
m
l
August 5, 2012 6:56:08 PM

verbalizer said:
overheating because of overclocking and poor air-flow in case.
add some case fans and your fine...

I actually ordered the gigabyte windforce yesterday because I've seen it has amazing performance and stays VERY cool....but I've still been going back and forth between the FTW and windforce. I think I can still change my order to the FTW. I just realized that Gigabyte Windforce sli really isn't an option later if I want, but the FTW is....hmmm.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 7:01:44 PM

:lol: 
how so the Windforce isn't but the FTW is.?
m
l
August 5, 2012 7:04:57 PM

verbalizer said:
:lol: 
how so the Windforce isn't but the FTW is.?

well, from some of the reviews I've been reading it's harder to sli the windforce because it puts out so much more heat into your case. 1 I think will be fine, but 2 would be a lot of heat I'd think. what are your thoughts? I'm starting to doubt my decision to go with the windforce instead of the ftw edition. might have to see if I can change cards before it ships.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 7:05:42 PM

I see is that because the FTW exhaust the air outside the case with the hi-flow bracket...
nice.
m
l
August 5, 2012 7:54:37 PM

verbalizer said:
I see is that because the FTW exhaust the air outside the case with the hi-flow bracket...
nice.

yeah, just cancelled the windforce and I'm getting the evga ftw. As soon as I ordered the windforce I started having major doubts that I went with the wrong card. I do feel much better that evga is behind the product I'm getting now.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 7:57:02 PM

if it's feels good to you then it feels good to me too... :lol: 
seriously though, I like it better.
m
l
!