Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Turning the Windows welcome "sound" during initial bootup

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
August 30, 2005 1:22:01 AM

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable that initial welcoming
melody at startup time of MS Windows XP. Thanks ahead of time.

More about : turning windows sound initial bootup

Anonymous
August 30, 2005 2:51:06 AM

Hi,

Go to Control panel, Click "Sounds and Audio Devices", Click the "Sounds"
tab and under "Program Events", look for "Start Windows". Seclect it and then
select "[None]" from the "Sounds" drop-down list. Press "OK" and you should
be done.

--
Regards,
Hardik Shah