Turning the Windows welcome "sound" during initial bootup

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable that initial welcoming
melody at startup time of MS Windows XP. Thanks ahead of time.
1 answer Last reply
More about turning windows sound initial bootup

    Hi,

    Go to Control panel, Click "Sounds and Audio Devices", Click the "Sounds"
    tab and under "Program Events", look for "Start Windows". Seclect it and then
    select "[None]" from the "Sounds" drop-down list. Press "OK" and you should
    be done.

    --
    Regards,
    Hardik Shah