Turning the Windows welcome "sound" during initial bootup

moin

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable that initial welcoming
melody at startup time of MS Windows XP. Thanks ahead of time.

Hi,

Go to Control panel, Click "Sounds and Audio Devices", Click the "Sounds"
tab and under "Program Events", look for "Start Windows". Seclect it and then
select "[None]" from the "Sounds" drop-down list. Press "OK" and you should
be done.

--
Regards,
Hardik Shah

"Moin" wrote:

> Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable that initial welcoming
> melody at startup time of MS Windows XP. Thanks ahead of time.

TRENDING THREADS