Sign in with
Your question

Catalyst 12.7 green screen with flash

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2012 12:16:13 AM

big issue here guys: whenever i fullscreen a video (from any site, like steam, youtube, roosterteeth, ece) the video turns green, and the display driver stops and recovers. however, as soon as i click on the window to close it, the computer freezes and is unresponsive. the only way to regain control is to do a hard reset. this will also happen every few days with a normal sized video. does anyone know what the problem is, or how to fix it?
August 5, 2012 3:27:39 AM

not sure if 12.7 is the latest drivers but if they are not you should uninstall them and install the latest ones to see if that fixes your issue...or if they are the latest drivers you should uninstall them and install an earlier version....let me know if this fixes your issue
m
l
August 5, 2012 3:43:19 AM

did you do a clean install, or did you install it over the previous driver. AMD cards prefer having to clean install when using drivers as installing over can sometimes lead to problems.
m
l
Related resources
August 5, 2012 3:46:05 AM

12.7 is beta. just go back down to 12.6
m
l
August 5, 2012 8:50:54 PM

dudewitbow said:
did you do a clean install, or did you install it over the previous driver. AMD cards prefer having to clean install when using drivers as installing over can sometimes lead to problems.

yep, did a clean install of windows 7 and catalyst 12.7. ill probably wipe and install 12.6. considering its august, 12.7 should release soon....
m
l
August 5, 2012 9:01:29 PM

yea but just bc 12.7 is coming out soon doesnt mean that the build will be stable (for every card) when it comes out...I would try 12.6 and see how that goes
m
l
!