Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Upgrade cpu now or...

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • AMD
Last response: in CPUs
February 7, 2013 10:46:10 PM

I currently have an amd 955 be. I have some extra money and wonder if I should just get an ivy bridge now or is it worth the wait for haswell?

More about : upgrade cpu

a c 242 à CPUs
a b À AMD
February 7, 2013 11:06:07 PM

id say wait for haswell but i def wouldnt buy one as soon as it releases
m
0
l
a c 639 à CPUs
a c 205 À AMD
February 7, 2013 11:12:56 PM

Depends on how you feel about the 955's performance. If you feel you are in desperate need for more performance, then upgrade now. If you feel that the 955's performance is still decent enough, then wait.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 9, 2013 3:29:03 PM

Yeah I've decided just to wait. The 955 still get's it done decent enough.
m
0
l
February 10, 2013 10:51:03 AM

Just get an Ivy Bridge. Haswell will not be a great update to the current lineup.
m
0
l