I can't access my intel hd graphics 4000 panel

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
So today I installed everything all the drivers are up to date, but for some reason I can't access the intel hd graphics panel, and I've tried all possible ways, even ctrl+alt+f12 and nada, but the system can detect my igpu and says that it is working so what gives?

Solution
nope its not bad...you can do pretty much everything you would do in the intel control panel in the nvidia control panel and even more so there is really no need to access the intel control panel.

drums101

Distinguished
is there any other gpu installed in the system? or are you just using the intel HD graphics? if you are just using the HD graphics then make sure that it is identified in the device manager...if it is there should be an icon in the bottom right on the taskbar that is your intel graphics manager...there should also be a place to access it if you right click on the desktop....if it isnt there I would uninstall and reinstall the drivers again

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

I have the gtx 680 lightning and I've also installed lucid virtu mvp. And no, there is no option to pick the intel hd graphics panel if I right click on the desktop nor there is an icon at hidden icons. And both graphics are identified in the device manager .

drums101

Distinguished
^^ what this guy said....you have to have the monitor connected to the output on the motherboard for you to be able to access the intel graphics properties..otherwise you can only access the nvidia display panel.

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

My monitor is the Asus VG236HE and it has a DVI connected to the GPU. The only other connection it has is a HDMI but I can't use 120hz with HDMI, only with DVI. The motherboard has HDMI and Displayport for connections. Are you 100% positive that I need a connected display to the mobo to access the intel hd control pannel?

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Is it bad if I can't access the intel hd graphics panel? Will I have any use for it?If not, then it does not matter. I just thought I badly connected something or did the software installation badly.

drums101

Distinguished
yea I am quite positive you have to have the monitor connected to the onboard to access the panel....I ran a system with both the onboard and a dedicated card for a while....one monitor on each and the only way to access the control panel for either card was to go onto the monitor that was connected to the specific card

what do you need the intel graphics panel for?

G

the only time i get the intel HD icon to access the control panel is when i have a monitor connect and i use windows screen resolution to "extend the desktop" to my second display.

drums101

Distinguished
nope its not bad...you can do pretty much everything you would do in the intel control panel in the nvidia control panel and even more so there is really no need to access the intel control panel.

Solution

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Ok thank you very much. Now I have one last thing I need to clarify but I will make another thread for that. Come and see if you know what might cause my last issue.

azroach

Reputable
Oct 16, 2015
This thread has been dead for over 3 years, but it's the only solution I've found! Thanks so much for pointing out I had another output for my monitor!

I switched the monitor cable to the onboard output on the motherboard and voila! The control panel was already open! Intel employees clearly do not know what the hell they're talking about when they told me that I needed to go back to windows 8.1.

freezz

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015

Oh my god! THANKS YOU SO MUCH i tried it and it works for me too big big thanks

wildbyte

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009

I had the same problem.. found another thread directing me to my windows/system32 folder... for this file GfxUIEx.exe I found three pairs of this file and a smaller one GfxUIEx.exe.config. I deleted the extra file pairs.. left one file pair. It worked fine.

flatform

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

Hello there, can you please provide the link to that forum (about the file pairs, i am searching but bit haven't found it yet) and what did you do exactly (name of files, files you deleted, etc) it would be really helpful.

thank you in advance :)