System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, movies, music, programming.
I've been planning to build a gaming rig for a little while now. So far, I have a general vision of what I want, but I would like some feedback. So tell me what you guys think! Any suggestions or advice would be awesome! Thanks in advance!
1) I agree with lt_dan_zsu, get an i5 3570 or 3570k. i7's are unnecessary and worthless for gaming. They cost $100 more but offer no performance increase in games. Games only use 2-4 cores, the extra $100 for an i7 with 8 cores is a waste.
3) Also with lt_dan_zsu on this one, why get 2 SSD's? Get one big SSD and a super big HDD and call it a day.
4) Get a Corsair AX750 as suppose to the HX850. The AX750 is fully modular, while the HX is only partially-modular. The extra 100W isn't worth it.
5) If you REALLY want 16GB of RAM...
6) I'm not saying you need to, but CONSIDER a GTX 670 overclocked as suppose to a GTX 680. The price difference between the two isn't worth the minimal difference in performance. It will never be like a 680 can play a game and a 670 cannot, and it will never be like a 680 can run on ultra and a 670 cannot.