My processor

deverareginald

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hello,
i have a amd a4 5300 3.4ghz dual cores
but if i check in the control panel to view the detailed performance system it says (number of processor cores is 1)

deverareginald

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
So I just put the finishing touches on my gaming PC and installed Windows 7 32bit. Now... I just need to know how to enable hyper threading on my PC??? I have Windows 7 and an amd a4 5300 3.4GHz processor. Also, could you folks be so kind as to telling me what the pros/cons of HT are?

the A4 5300 is a dual core and does not have hyper threading, only intel i3s and i7s have hyper threading, AMD does not use nor ever have used hyper threading, your apu is a dual core and system details may mean that 1 processor as the one physical processor, check task manager or device manager and processor as it should be 2 cores.

If it shows only one then maybe the motherboard disabled one core, not sure for the reason but go into ur bios and see if theres a core activation or something that can turn all cores on or if it shows something like AMD A4 5300 @ 3400 MHz and something mentioning core count

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yes, any game will run on that PC. However, the frame rate which you will be able to maintain while playing will depend on what resolution your display is.

Ur question is quite vague, but u dont specify settings, resolution, fps. Saying or asking all pc games ur asking for very bad answers, specify what games ur looking to play. Sadly i would barely want to play wow on an A4 lol

Clutchc has a very good point lol

deverareginald

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
i have a
processor -a4 5300 dual cores 3.4ghz
mobo -EMAXX A55FM2HD-iCAFE
ram -6gb
video card -PowerColor Radeon 6670 1GB 128bit
psu -600w
hard drive -500gb
2 pcs. chassis fan 120mm and asus 24x dvd rom

can i add one more chassis fan? there's nothing problem?