How do I toggle Radeon drivers?

bseigel

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
I picked up a used Gateway FX 6800 from a coworker who apparently tried to upgrade this thing but messed up. It comes stock with a 4850, and he tried installing a 4350 in it to run in Crossfire but apparently now the 4850 is listed as a "Disabled Adapter" in the Catalyst Control Center whereas the 4350 is the enabled adapter. I just ordered 8 extra gigs of Corsair Vengeance RAM for this computer and I'm hoping that straightening out this mess with the graphics card will allow me to get some gaming done without having to immediately drop $150 on a new GPU

Help! This rig has hit me with so many stupid roadblocks and I keep finding the answers are simple. It's a grave reminder of how long it's been since I've worked with PC hardware..

Solution
Uninstall the HD4350 from the system. Ensure that the HD4850 is installed in the top PCI-Ex16 slot. The drivers are the same for both graphic cards, so unless you want to upgrade to the latest, you shouldn't need to do anything with them.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Uninstall the HD4350 from the system. Ensure that the HD4850 is installed in the top PCI-Ex16 slot. The drivers are the same for both graphic cards, so unless you want to upgrade to the latest, you shouldn't need to do anything with them.

-Wolf sends

Solution

bseigel

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Lol that's because he purchased and installed the card thru Geek Squad. He swears he was totally running them in Crossfire despite being different families AND he doesn't have a Crossfire bridge installed