Stacking several jpgs to make one jpg

Last response: in Digital Camera
October 28, 2004 12:34:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

Hi everyone!
Does anyone know how I can use several jpg pics to make one jpg?.IE a stack
of say 10 pics making one pic?.I have checked out a couple of photo progs
(Adobe Photo Shop 7 and Ulead Photo Impact and a Nikon Prog that came with
my 5700) but there does not seem to be a function for this.I know it exists
because I've seen this done and I have a copy of such a jpg.Any guidance
here would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
RSS

More about : stacking jpgs make jpg

Anonymous
October 28, 2004 12:34:25 PM

RSS wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> Does anyone know how I can use several jpg pics to make one jpg?.IE a
> stack of say 10 pics making one pic?.I have checked out a couple of
> photo progs (Adobe Photo Shop 7 and Ulead Photo Impact and a Nikon
> Prog that came with my 5700) but there does not seem to be a function
> for this.I know it exists because I've seen this done and I have a
> copy of such a jpg.Any guidance here would be much appreciated.
> Thanks!
> RSS

Are you describing a collage like this side by side shots
http://members.tripod.com/dap1968/davespc.jpg .
Or a photo mosaic? http://www.ezmosaic.com/ http://www.procollage.com/

Trai
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 10:12:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

Hello again-yes similar to this but a "strip" of pics............
RSS
Trai La' Trash <anastyb-NewsGroups0001@mailblocks.com> wrote in message

> RSS wrote:
> > Hi everyone!
> > Does anyone know how I can use several jpg pics to make one jpg?.IE a
> > stack of say 10 pics making one pic?.I have checked out a couple of
> > photo progs (Adobe Photo Shop 7 and Ulead Photo Impact and a Nikon
> > Prog that came with my 5700) but there does not seem to be a function
> > for this.I know it exists because I've seen this done and I have a
> > copy of such a jpg.Any guidance here would be much appreciated.
> > Thanks!
> > RSS
>
> Are you describing a collage like this side by side shots
> http://members.tripod.com/dap1968/davespc.jpg .
> Or a photo mosaic? http://www.ezmosaic.com/ http://www.procollage.com/
>
> Trai

October 29, 2004 1:26:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

Kibo informs me that "RSS" <RSS@rushtonsound.freeserve.co.uk> stated
that:

>Hi everyone!
>Does anyone know how I can use several jpg pics to make one jpg?.IE a stack
>of say 10 pics making one pic?

If you want to stack them to reduce noise or increase signal, then the
obvious method is to put each image in a layer, with the blend mode set
to additive (or possibly multiply, depending on the effect you're
looking for).
Hit [F1] in Photoshop & read the sections on layers & blends for the
details.

November 1, 2004 3:04:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.point+shoot (More info?)

If all you want is to make something like a strip then it is entirely
possible in both Photoshop 7 an Ulead PI - just open each pic you want to
add, click select all, reduce the size to whatever you need then copy and
paste it onto a new canvass which is the size you want. I'm not a PS or UPI
wiz - just learning by messing around and reading online tutorials. Don't
know if there's a more correct way of doing it, or an automated feature, but
this would only take a couple of minutes for quite a large selection of
pics.

hth

John McG

"RSS" <RSS@rushtonsound.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello again-yes similar to this but a "strip" of pics............
> RSS
> Trai La' Trash <anastyb-NewsGroups0001@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
> >

> > RSS wrote:
> > > Hi everyone!
> > > Does anyone know how I can use several jpg pics to make one jpg?.IE a
> > > stack of say 10 pics making one pic?.I have checked out a couple of
> > > photo progs (Adobe Photo Shop 7 and Ulead Photo Impact and a Nikon
> > > Prog that came with my 5700) but there does not seem to be a function
> > > for this.I know it exists because I've seen this done and I have a
> > > copy of such a jpg.Any guidance here would be much appreciated.
> > > Thanks!
> > > RSS
> >
> > Are you describing a collage like this side by side shots
> > http://members.tripod.com/dap1968/davespc.jpg .
> > Or a photo mosaic? http://www.ezmosaic.com/ http://www.procollage.com/
> >
> > Trai

June 1, 2007 9:36:25 PM

Hello,
You should try an online photo-mosaic service.
Example:

pictosaic.com

You select your topics, like cats, flowers, love, car, ...
Some other option (resolution, your image into the mosaic, ...)
You send your image
A few seconds later, it's be back as a photo-mosaic 8O

Bonus: It's free...
June 17, 2007 6:30:30 PM

Hello,
A new option on http://www.pictosaic.com is now available
Your photo-mosaic can be merged with your original picture.
So, some details can be more preserved.
The options are:
- No merge (as the previous version)
- low merge
- high merge
- and centered merge. Useful if your subject is centered into a landscape, for instance.
!