Sign in with
Your question
Solved

1 long and 2 short beeps every morning.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2012 5:07:48 AM

So i just build a new PC about one week ago, installed windows and everything runs perfectly.
The following morning i wanted to show to my mom how fast my SSD boots so i turned the PC on, but about five seconds later it restart again and 3 beeps come from the PC before the BIOS logo shows, one short and 2 long beeps. the PC stays on, fans and lights all working but nothing shows up on my display. so i restarted it manually, but then somehow it boots to windows perfectly and seems like there is no problem!. i restarted it and it boots normally again. i could play games all day long without single problem!.
My PC turns on and off normally after that, so i figured there was actually nothing wrong.
but then in the next morning i turn on the PC and that beep things started again !!! exactly the same thing as yesterday happened. :pt1cable: 
It's already one week and every morning i turn it on it always happens!!.
I'm really confused ATM. what happened with my brand new PC?? i googled about the beep and it says:
Quote:
"Failure in video system", "An error was encountered in the video BIOS ROM, or a horizontal retrace failure has been encountered".

what does that mean? i'm sure nothing is wrong with my video card as i could play all games smooooothly.
And why does it happen every MORNING??? does my PC get too cold and it needs warming up or something? hahaha :lol: 

btw here is my spec:
Intel i5 3570 (non-k)
Gigabyte P75-D3
HIS HD 7850
Patriot 4GB*2
OCZ Agility 120GB (my OS is installed here)
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
CM V6GT
Seasonic M12II-620W
PC is connected to my old 32" HD Ready LCD TV using HDMI cable.

hmm what else? i hope i'm not forgetting to mention something. hahaha

Thank you.
August 5, 2012 5:13:27 AM

Have you tried re-seating it?
m
l
August 5, 2012 5:40:47 AM

jdog2pt0 said:
Have you tried re-seating it?

Yeah i did reseat the video card yesterday but it's still the same.

Seems like this problem only happens when i dont use my pc for more than 5+ hours or something.
Weird....
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

August 5, 2012 5:58:43 AM

Sounds like something somewhere loses contact until it's warmed up. Could be a faulty piece of solder. Since it's new, if you can, see if you can just return the card for another. If that doesn't work, it's the motherboard. I know it can be a pain in the ass, especially if you're an impatient individual such as myself, but that would be your best course of action.
August 5, 2012 7:27:32 AM

jdog2pt0 said:
Sounds like something somewhere loses contact until it's warmed up. Could be a faulty piece of solder. Since it's new, if you can, see if you can just return the card for another. If that doesn't work, it's the motherboard. I know it can be a pain in the ass, especially if you're an impatient individual such as myself, but that would be your best course of action.

yeah probably something is faulty, i'll try to contact the seller and see if i can return this.

i'll update again later on.

btw thanks for the reply jdog2pt0 :sol: 
m
l
August 5, 2012 7:28:54 AM

Best answer selected by shin93.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 8:14:07 AM

Clearing CMOS might solve this issue.
m
l
August 5, 2012 8:23:11 AM

^will try that tomorrow

btw i didn't know that selecting a post as best answer will add [Solved] on the thread title :D 
my PC's problem isn't solved yet lol.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 8:29:12 AM

Hahaha, it's ok but try my advice too, I've solved many issue's by clearing CMOS.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 9:06:06 AM

Moderators I'm requesting please don't close this thread until the OP give us an last update.
m
l
August 5, 2012 11:46:32 AM

xtreme5 said:
Hahaha, it's ok but try my advice too, I've solved many issue's by clearing CMOS.

okay i will definitely try that tomorrow. thanks for the reply, xtreme5 :) 

and yes, to mods please don't close this thread, i'll update again soon once i found the fix/know what the problem is.
m
l
August 6, 2012 12:17:39 AM

So yesterday night before i go to sleep i reseated the Memory. And wow this morning my pc boots normally :D  lol hahahaha
Problem solved now, mods you can close this thread :) 
m
l
August 6, 2012 3:47:32 AM

Well shoot, I hate to steal a best answer that someone else earned.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 8:54:36 AM

See I was in doubt that wouldn't be a motherboard problem.
m
l
!