Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What Should I upgrade?

Last response: in Components
Share
February 8, 2013 1:38:00 AM

Hey All,

Needing upgrade Advice.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2poruo4.png

This is what I have. Im planning to upgrade to a core i5-3570k with an Azrock z77 extreme.

Is it worth it or should I wait for new cpus to come out?

More about : upgrade

a c 357 à CPUs
February 8, 2013 2:42:08 AM

I can't think of any reason you'd want to upgrade. Do you feel the i7-920 @ 4.1GHZ is bottle necking the GTX 590?
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 2:45:44 AM

This is Actually the Newer picture of what I'm running. Better information for you guys to help me out. Right now my SSD is running at sata 2 so its not as fast as it should be.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2csccvn.jpg
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2013 2:50:14 AM

i wouldnt upgrade anything ur pc is fine
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 3:00:46 AM

I'm also using a h100 to cool my CPU and running a Haf-X case. I'm gaming and using it for video editing so I think the mobo and cpu im running is bottle necking my HD and my Graphics card. Any suggestions would help. Thanks clutchc for the first response.
m
0
l
a c 357 à CPUs
February 8, 2013 3:32:30 AM

I don't think the move to an i5 IB would be enough to make you happy with the cost. I can't think of anything that would be of such a major improvement that you'd feel it was worth it. Maybe the move to SATA III for the SSD, but even that won't be earth shaking.
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 3:50:10 AM

Well I have a friend that is willing to sell me that exact combo for 260.00 US. Don't know if I should jump on it or wait till the next gen CPU to upgrade again. I've had my cpu and mobo for 5 years now. Ha! I know it is still good, but I think that deal is a steal for his i5 and azrock mobo.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 357 à CPUs
February 8, 2013 1:49:40 PM

chart_mang said:
Well I have a friend that is willing to sell me that exact combo for 260.00 US. Don't know if I should jump on it or wait till the next gen CPU to upgrade again. I've had my cpu and mobo for 5 years now. Ha! I know it is still good, but I think that deal is a steal for his i5 and azrock mobo.

Oh! Well, that's a different story. Yes, in that case, jump on the deal. You can sell your parts to help re-coup your $260. Heck, I'd buy that and I don't even need it. The only drawback is the AsRock board. Not that they aren't good boards, but they are super thin. Delicate. Not like your Gigabyte.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/02/06/asrock_z77_ex...
Share
February 8, 2013 3:03:38 PM

After reading your comments and what he was telling me, I think it best to either upgrade to a new i7 or keep my old setup. I realized that my current i7 920 is still probably better for video editing since it has hyper threading and the core i5 doesn't. Although it would give me a boost in my SDD sata 3, I don't think the gain would be monumental enough for the upgrade, since I probably wont be staying with i5 long.

Anyways thanks for the replies all. I'll probably keep my i7 920 till I find a good deal on a new i7 cpu/mobo combo.
m
0
l
February 15, 2013 5:18:17 AM

Best answer selected by chart_mang.
m
0
l
!