What Should I upgrade?

Solution

Oh! Well, that's a different story. Yes, in that case, jump on the deal. You can sell your parts to help re-coup your $260. Heck, I'd buy that and I don't even need it. The only drawback is the AsRock board. Not that they aren't good boards, but they are super thin. Delicate. Not like your Gigabyte.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/02/06/asrock_z77_extreme4_lga_1155_motherboard_review/#.URUeu2e3qVo

chart_mang

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
I'm also using a h100 to cool my CPU and running a Haf-X case. I'm gaming and using it for video editing so I think the mobo and cpu im running is bottle necking my HD and my Graphics card. Any suggestions would help. Thanks clutchc for the first response.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I don't think the move to an i5 IB would be enough to make you happy with the cost. I can't think of anything that would be of such a major improvement that you'd feel it was worth it. Maybe the move to SATA III for the SSD, but even that won't be earth shaking.

chart_mang

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Well I have a friend that is willing to sell me that exact combo for 260.00 US. Don't know if I should jump on it or wait till the next gen CPU to upgrade again. I've had my cpu and mobo for 5 years now. Ha! I know it is still good, but I think that deal is a steal for his i5 and azrock mobo.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Oh! Well, that's a different story. Yes, in that case, jump on the deal. You can sell your parts to help re-coup your $260. Heck, I'd buy that and I don't even need it. The only drawback is the AsRock board. Not that they aren't good boards, but they are super thin. Delicate. Not like your Gigabyte.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/02/06/asrock_z77_extreme4_lga_1155_motherboard_review/#.URUeu2e3qVo

Solution

chart_mang

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
After reading your comments and what he was telling me, I think it best to either upgrade to a new i7 or keep my old setup. I realized that my current i7 920 is still probably better for video editing since it has hyper threading and the core i5 doesn't. Although it would give me a boost in my SDD sata 3, I don't think the gain would be monumental enough for the upgrade, since I probably wont be staying with i5 long.

Anyways thanks for the replies all. I'll probably keep my i7 920 till I find a good deal on a new i7 cpu/mobo combo.