GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB or Radeon HD 7850 2GB

cathordran

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Ok so i am almost done with what i feel is a good gaming computer. The only thing i have left to answer is the age old question of AMD or Nvidia? The two games that i mostly play are world of warcraft and LOL. I know either of these will be overkill by a good amount however im looking to future proof for some other games that may come in the future. I am interested knowing the wattage these two card take and their power(obviously). Im not saying i will but i may also be interested in Crossfire or SLI. In this case would you guys be so kind as to let me in on what wattage either would take(as well as just a single one)? I have heard that Nvidia tends to do better in World of warcraft but id like to see both sides of the fence before i decide!! Thank you! :na:

cathordran

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
TO add to this BTW i would like to be able to run either sli or crossfire with a 650watt 80+ gold power supply if possible. I WILL NOT OVER CLOCK THE CARDS UNLESS THE FACTORY HAS ALREADY DONE SO!!

the 570 will have an advantage slightly, on a 650w gold psu(most likely will deliver that amount) both should work at stock. though, the 7850 will have advantage of consuming less/lower temperatures/easier to find due to newer technology then the 570 and after you crossfire, the vram will be a limiting factor on the 570 if you put anti aliasing to max on taxing games. (its also easier to get a crossfire certified board than it is to get an sli certified one slightly)

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

Tell me more about how 2 screens does not impact the preformance of a GPU..... And how 3 is magicly strenious.

verbalizer

Distinguished
the GTX 570 does not run triple monitors anyways, it takes a SLi configuration for that.
so with that being said your only gaming on one monitor.
so having two screens doesn't matter because one monitor either goes blank or you can set it to the desktop for monitoring software..

HD 7850 has Eyefinity technology and if wanting triple monitors then, it can do it off a single card.
as stated the GTX 5 series from nVidia requires dual cards.

now maybe you are mistaken about the GTX 5 series because it's the GTX 6 series that can run triple monitors off a single card like HD Radeon.

a little more about dual monitors:
also if you would like to know that two monitors of different resolutions and different output signals
raises the idle temp if running off a single GPU....
did you know that.?

verbalizer

Distinguished

and your sarcasm is not needed since I proved you incorrect.
try humble next time... ;)

P.S.
you spelled incorrectly:
performance
magically
strenuous

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

Its the internet, I do what I want, I spell as I want aswell.

I'm still pretty sure 2 screens demand more power than 1. Your saying that they dont, ever try maxing out a game and skyping/facebook'ing on 1 GPU? Pretty sure you and your deep wallet havent.

verbalizer

Distinguished

wrong again....
an idle screen barely uses any VRAM...

maybe you need to try this out instead of just Google and your own guessing...
your doing nothing but looking like your in over your head..

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

Yes because something like skype is "idle."