Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Are they compatible?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2012 5:47:46 AM

Hello, i just got a new computer and am really new at all this stuff, so i would really like to get some good insight on this.

I have a Gigabyte GTX 670 and my friend just passed me his old GTX 8800. I was wondering if they would be compatible to SLI or Crossfire?

More about : compatible

Best solution

a c 140 U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 5:51:36 AM

No. SLI requires two nearly identical NVidia graphic cards. In other words, you'd need a second GTX 670 to enable SLI. You could, however, utilize the GTX8800 as a physx card, I suppose.

-Wolf sends
August 5, 2012 5:59:28 AM

Wolfshadw said:
No. SLI requires two nearly identical NVidia graphic cards. In other words, you'd need a second GTX 670 to enable SLI. You could, however, utilize the GTX8800 as a physx card, I suppose.

-Wolf sends

Hmm that makes sense after reading up abit about SLI, so if i were to use it as a physx card i simply just plug it into the mb? or do i still have to connect the GPUs with SLI.
m
l
Related resources
a c 140 U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 6:01:50 AM

You just need to plug it into the motherboard (and I suppose configure it as a dedicated PhysX card). There is no requirement to connect the two graphic cards in any way.

-Wolf sends
m
l
August 5, 2012 6:09:47 AM

Best answer selected by SonicEdge.
m
l
August 5, 2012 6:10:14 AM

Wolfshadw said:
You just need to plug it into the motherboard (and I suppose configure it as a dedicated PhysX card). There is no requirement to connect the two graphic cards in any way.

-Wolf sends

I see i see, thanks a bunch mate :D 
m
l
!