Sign in with
Your question

Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2012 7:29:55 AM

am planning to buy (xfx 6670 1gb ddr5) card,but i do hav a doubt, does this card require a 6-pin power connector to run,or will it run on onboard power,,,
my specs
AMD Athelon x2 245 series 3.0ghz processor
Corsair 4GB ddr 2 800mhz
Asus m2n68-am plus motherboard
Zebronics 450watt psu...
:??:  :??: 

More about : question

a c 164 U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 7:35:17 AM

No plug should be needed.
a c 179 U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 6:03:29 AM

^+1
No 6 pin required and two more things one is make sure your PC isn't a mini case because you will need a low profile card and the second thing is your PSU is on a list of the worst PSU's to have.

I will link you to the list and it is a good tool to use when buying a new PSU. Tier 1 = best Tier 5 = worst. Your PSU is on Tier 5. You migh not need ot get a new one. But don't OC anything.

Also don't add bigger cards that is if your case will handle a normal sized card. Good luck to you and sorry for the bad news on the PSU.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
Related resources
a c 164 U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 2:00:46 PM

I question that list. Zebronics and iBall are not popular here stateside but are widely used in India and other countries. There is a chance its on "tier 5" simply because the poster who made the list didn't understand what they are. I just looked online and couldn't find any quality review of a Zebronics unit at all.
a c 164 U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 2:57:14 PM

As would I. But in other countries its to expensive for many to get those PSUs. As such you need to get what you can afford.
a c 179 U Graphics card
August 7, 2012 3:38:02 AM

4745454b said:
I question that list. Zebronics and iBall are not popular here stateside but are widely used in India and other countries. There is a chance its on "tier 5" simply because the poster who made the list didn't understand what they are. I just looked online and couldn't find any quality review of a Zebronics unit at all.

^^^
I agree with you on not know how good it really is so I can't find anything on it either. I think Zebs were a stock PSU in some PC a few years ago if I remember right. I also read that they were a good one at that time.

But when the Asian country took over it went down hill. Don't quote me word for word. I read this a little over a year ago and still trying to rember. But it is a standard in some countrys.

And at first looking at a thread it is hard most of the time to tell if they are from another country. Some of the times the name will give away that they are from another country or there spelling.

So I use it as a tool and I go from there. You know that just about everything on here is a case by case thing some are the same and some look and feel the same but aren't. But I do how ever agree with you 100%.
a c 164 U Graphics card
August 7, 2012 1:35:06 PM

Problem is as much as it might annoy us, we can't know it all. And having a couple of guys from similar areas put together a list will only show their bias's.

How many reviews of CWT's PSH have we seen? I know they tell us they don't want to review bad units for fear of it destroying their equipment, but how else are we to know what's good and bad. Showing us the same unit over and over again is more or less meaningless after a point. And until the iballs and zebronics are tested we can only guess.
!