Question about the AMD Radeon HD 7500G

Aimee_Elizabeth

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Hi, I'm looking to buy a new laptop, and currently I'm looking at the new HP Envy Sleekbook 6.

It has the AMD A6-4455M Quad-Core with the AMD Radeon HD 7500G aka Trinity I think. I couldn't find a lot of information on this graphics card, so I just thought I'd post here and see what people here know about it.

I need this notebook primarily for school, web browsing, skype, and a little bit of gaming here and there. I'm not an intense gamer, the only game I really play is Runescape, and maybe Skyrim.

So I'm just wondering, with the setup of this laptop, will I be able to run Runescape/Skyrim smoothly? Anything from 20fps+ at near max graphical settings is fine. Anyways, yeah I really like the design of this laptop, and I'm hoping that its specs will fare well enough for what I need. If not, I'll just get an Acer Timelinex or something.

Thanks in advance

Solution
You will definately be able to play runescape maxed out on the computer but skyrim will probably only run on low-medium settings. Just make sure you have 2 sticks of rams in there for best performance and not 1x4gb like the reference model on HP.com has.

If you can find the envy with the a10-4655m, it will be a significant upgrade.
You will definately be able to play runescape maxed out on the computer but skyrim will probably only run on low-medium settings. Just make sure you have 2 sticks of rams in there for best performance and not 1x4gb like the reference model on HP.com has.

If you can find the envy with the a10-4655m, it will be a significant upgrade.

Solution

Aimee_Elizabeth

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Oh alright, sorry another question

I can only get 1 upgrade, so I'm not sure if I should focus on the 6/8 GB RAM with the A6 or get the A10 with the 4GB RAM?

I'm not sure if the RAM will bottleneck the APU? Anyways, yeah just wondering which one will fare better overall.

Thanks!

If you want a RAM upgrade, snag a 2x4GB kit from the Egg -- it's an easy switch/upgrade

Trinity_Dual_Graphics_00.jpg

You may max the graphics with the A6-4455M in dual-mode with a 1GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7670M Discrete. The G7 has an open slot (as advised by HP!) -- not sure about the dv6.

The G7z-2100 series with the AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M Accelerated Processor (3.0GHz/2.1GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) and 1GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7670M Discrete (for dual-graphics) is $580.

get the A10, even tho it will be severely crippled with 1 ram, it will still be much faster than the A6.

TRENDING THREADS