Sign in with
Your question

Computer auto turns off when trying to install card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2012 9:30:57 AM

So here's my situation,

I moved to a new house and shipped a lot of my stuff over. I took the graphics card out of my computer before shipping it over to prevent any damages to the card. It worked perfectly when I first got it... Installed the card (the first time), and the computer started up fine. So now, (after removing the card), I tried to install it again, and the computer insta-turns off.

Without the card, it starts up fine, and I'm writing this message on the desktop as we speak. But when I try to install the card, auto shut off.

I'm not very computer savvy so please help me with what I can do? Is it a voltage problem or something? My PSU is 750w and I'm pretty sure I'm running a Radeon 6870.

Thanks!!
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 9:49:29 AM

try reset cmos, it's the first step.. see if it helps

once i had broken mobo because of shipping too (broken PS/2 port, and ram slot), so there is also a posibility of that........
m
l
August 6, 2012 4:32:15 AM

rdc85 said:
try reset cmos, it's the first step.. see if it helps

once i had broken mobo because of shipping too (broken PS/2 port, and ram slot), so there is also a posibility of that........

Hey,

I reset the cmos and same problem ... it's just weird that it was working perfectly the other day and now it wont start :( 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 1:11:11 PM

is the mobo had enother pci ex x16/8 ? try switching the slot...

m
l
Related resources
!