unused startup entries

Hi all. I am running Windows XP home. I would like to remove all the entries
I unchecked in msconfig. Where are they located in the registry?
Thanks in advance for your help.
5 answers Last reply
More about unused startup entries

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Joe" <noway@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O1YIeMdrFHA.3424@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > Hi all. I am running Windows XP home. I would like to remove all the entries
    > I unchecked in msconfig. Where are they located in the registry?
    > Thanks in advance for your help.

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:09:33 -0400, "Doug Knox MS-MVP"
    <dknox@mvps.org> wrote:

    >"Joe" <noway@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O1YIeMdrFHA.3424@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    >> Hi all. I am running Windows XP home. I would like to remove all the entries
    >> I unchecked in msconfig. Where are they located in the registry?
    >> Thanks in advance for your help.

    >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
    >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder

    Depending on how you turned them off in MSConfig, you may also find
    some if you search for "Match whole string only" for a key of "Run-"
    (no quotes). That's the word Run with a minus sign at the end.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
    "My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
    "The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
    "I was misinformed."

    Thank You Doug and Stan. Worked great. I had about 12 unchecked entries that
    I wanted to get rid of.
    Thanks for your Help.
    "Joe" <noway@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all. I am running Windows XP home. I would like to remove all the
    > entries I unchecked in msconfig. Where are they located in the registry?
    > Thanks in advance for your help.

    You're welcome :)

    "Joe" <noway@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23D9yJ7nrFHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Thank You Doug and Stan. Worked great. I had about 12 unchecked entries that
    > I wanted to get rid of.
    > Thanks for your Help.
    > "Joe" <noway@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all. I am running Windows XP home. I would like to remove all the
    >> entries I unchecked in msconfig. Where are they located in the registry?
    >> Thanks in advance for your help.

    In article <#D9yJ7nrFHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, Joe favored us
    with...
    > Thank You Doug and Stan. Worked great. I had about 12 unchecked entries that
    > I wanted to get rid of.
    > Thanks for your Help.

    Happy to help!

    http://OakRoadSystems.com