Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia Quadro 2000 for gaming????

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2012 11:22:27 AM

Hello,

I just bought a new Lenovo pc at a very cheap price (400$). It has the Nvidia Quadro 2000 installed from factory. I mainly want top use the machine for gaming so I'm not sure the Quadro2000 will do the job?? Can anybody help me
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a b Î Nvidia
August 5, 2012 2:28:45 PM

Okay that is VERY cheap. The card alone costs $400 new.

Though, I doubt you'll be able to play games on high settings with it - it was not built for that purpose. Though, if you can sell it for something like $250-300, you could buy a great gaming GPU.
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 2:37:24 PM

Quadro cards are made for professional programs, such as CAD, 3D Rendering, etc.
The best, simplest way to look at Quadro versus Geoforce cards far as Nvidia goes:

Quadro = made for creating a PC game
Geoforce = made to run a PC game

I agree with what Sunius said. See if you can sell it, and get a true gaming GPU.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 2:37:36 PM

not for gaming but seems a good deal.
what's the rest of the specs to the unit.?
August 5, 2012 8:29:22 PM

verbalizer said:
not for gaming but seems a good deal.
what's the rest of the specs to the unit.?

- it's a Lenovo S20 with 4GB memory/ (think it was)Xeon QC W3565 3,2 ghz, 500gb hdd.
I did have a bad feeling with that Quadro card - now I have the hassle of selling it. Maybe you can advise me what GeForce card to get instead??

BR
Andy
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 8:34:56 PM

Buch1976 said:
- it's a Lenovo S20 with 4GB memory/ (think it was)Xeon QC W3565 3,2 ghz, 500gb hdd.
I did have a bad feeling with that Quadro card - now I have the hassle of selling it. Maybe you can advise me what GeForce card to get instead??

BR
Andy

budget ($).?
August 5, 2012 8:36:49 PM

Sunius said:
Okay that is VERY cheap. The card alone costs $400 new.

Though, I doubt you'll be able to play games on high settings with it - it was not built for that purpose. Though, if you can sell it for something like $250-300, you could buy a great gaming GPU.

Thank you for your fast response and help. I did have a bad feeling that was the case with the Quadro GPU. If you were to buy a new GPU mainly for gaming ... What would you choose??

Thanks
Andy
August 5, 2012 8:42:15 PM

runswindows95 said:
Quadro cards are made for professional programs, such as CAD, 3D Rendering, etc.
The best, simplest way to look at Quadro versus Geoforce cards far as Nvidia goes:

Quadro = made for creating a PC game
Geoforce = made to run a PC game

I agree with what Sunius said. See if you can sell it, and get a true gaming GPU.

Thanks for your help.. Yeah I think I have to sell the quadro card and get me a Geforce instead - which one would you choose??? The rest of the specs of the machine you can see below.

Thank you
Andy
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
a b Î Nvidia
August 5, 2012 8:59:48 PM

What is your budget?
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 9:49:59 PM

IKR...
I asked that hours ago..
August 5, 2012 10:15:07 PM

Wow, how did you get it so cheap?
I'd advice selling the Quadro somehow.
June 3, 2014 5:16:48 AM

I have a Quadro 2000 in a CAD rig which was my only PC at the time. I made a vid of the gaming experience - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho1gaXHW4ik. I don't think it will cope with games too well now, but at the time it managed to run BF3 on medium settings at 25 fps @ 1080p
!