Problem with ip configuration

charliehart

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hi

After 2 usless calls to bt I have decided to give up and ask someone who might be able to give a straight answer. I have a bt homehud (the 3.0 one) and it works fine on all but one of my pcs/laptops. Saddly, my gaming pc cant connect to it because it has limited access. When it does connect (more by chance then ahything I htink) it is so slow it is unusable. My trouble shooter says that I have no Ip configuration. Any help or advice is greatly aprecated.

Cheers

In the gaming PC, go into Internet Explorer then Tools menu>Connection tab and click the LAN button. Put a tick in the "Automatically detect settings" box, click Apply and OK your way out.

In Control Panel>Network and Sharing Centre (Vista and Windows 7) or Network Connections in XP, right click the wireless connection and scroll to Properties. Scroll through the centre pane until you see TCP/IP and open that. Make sure there are ticks in both boxes to obtain IP and DNS addresses DHCP.

If it still doesn't work, set up a fixed address in Alternate Configuration by first the IP addresses from the other systems and avoiding them. Therefore if systems are using, say, 192.168.1.54 or 16, use 100 for the gamer.