I have windows xp:
sometimes the PC just freezes completely - the mouse stops still on the
screen and the hard drive does not seem to have any response- no light
flickering - I doi control alt delete and nothing - press enter press
anything - NOTHING - have to press restart:

ANY IDEAS??????????

HELP

I EMAILED THE EVENT LOG TO YOU

"kevin colangelo" wrote:

> I have windows xp:
> sometimes the PC just freezes completely - the mouse stops still on the
> screen and the hard drive does not seem to have any response- no light
> flickering - I doi control alt delete and nothing - press enter press
> anything - NOTHING - have to press restart:
>
> ANY IDEAS??????????
>
> HELP

Hi

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any 'Errors'. If any are found could
you please post the Event ID and Source?

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"kevin colangelo" <kevin colangelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6EFF9AAA-70D4-4827-AAC8-AD5CD538D40A@microsoft.com...

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Have a look in the Event Viewer for any 'Errors'. If any are found could
> you please post the Event ID and Source?

WHERE AND HOW DO i DO THAT?

I HAVE SAVED THE LOG AND COULD EMAIL IT TO YOU BUT WHERE COULD I EMAIL IT TO
SO YOU CAN SEE IT?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Have a look in the Event Viewer for any 'Errors'. If any are found could
> you please post the Event ID and Source?
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "kevin colangelo" <kevin colangelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:6EFF9AAA-70D4-4827-AAC8-AD5CD538D40A@microsoft.com...
> >I have windows xp:
> > sometimes the PC just freezes completely - the mouse stops still on the
> > screen and the hard drive does not seem to have any response- no light
> > flickering - I doi control alt delete and nothing - press enter press
> > anything - NOTHING - have to press restart:
> >
> > ANY IDEAS??????????
> >
> > HELP

Hi

From Start>Run type

eventvwr.msc

then expand the icons in the left hand column. In the right hand pane you
will various entries. With the 'Error' entries for the Event ID and Source,
it may be possible to point you in right direction for a solution.

--

message news:DBDFD6A9-5A72-4C72-A261-5C84D4CD0AB1@microsoft.com...

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> From Start>Run type
>
> eventvwr.msc
>
> then expand the icons in the left hand column. In the right hand pane you
> will various entries. With the 'Error' entries for the Event ID and Source,
> it may be possible to point you in right direction for a solution.
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "kevin colangelo" <kevincolangelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:DBDFD6A9-5A72-4C72-A261-5C84D4CD0AB1@microsoft.com...
> >

> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Have a look in the Event Viewer for any 'Errors'. If any are found could
> >> you please post the Event ID and Source?
> >>
> > WHERE AND HOW DO i DO THAT?

Hi

I'm having a look through it now.

--

message news:2895B9F5-2884-468C-B7A4-97C2E35161EC@microsoft.com...
>I EMAILED THE EVENT LOG TO YOU
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> From Start>Run type
>>
>> eventvwr.msc
>>
>> then expand the icons in the left hand column. In the right hand pane
>> you
>> will various entries. With the 'Error' entries for the Event ID and
>> Source,
>> it may be possible to point you in right direction for a solution.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Will Denny
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>> "kevin colangelo" <kevincolangelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:DBDFD6A9-5A72-4C72-A261-5C84D4CD0AB1@microsoft.com...

>> > WHERE AND HOW DO i DO THAT?

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My computor did this before the hard drive died.

Back up everything you don't want to lose!

"kevin colangelo" <kevincolangelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D521DFFE-81FD-4362-94BC-3463A44F0B41@microsoft.com...
> I EMAILED THE EVENT LOG TO YOU
>
> "kevin colangelo" wrote:
>
> > I have windows xp:
> > sometimes the PC just freezes completely - the mouse stops still on the
> > screen and the hard drive does not seem to have any response- no light
> > flickering - I doi control alt delete and nothing - press enter press
> > anything - NOTHING - have to press restart:
> >
> > ANY IDEAS??????????
> >
> > HELP

how would i transfer everything and install a new hard drive - what do you
mean back up?
how would i install a new hard drive and then transfer everything from the
duff drive that may konk out any minuete