Sign in with
Your question

I5-3570 (non-k) turbo reaches 4.8 Ghz!!!!

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2013 1:16:19 PM

So I made a thread a while ago, where my CPU went above 4.0 Ghz, well it won't stop and now I begin to worry. As the thread says I'm using an i5-3570.

http://postimage.org/image/syqnwnlxb/

As you can see on the picture my CPU reaches 4.8 Ghz.

During gaming my CPU clock just goes INSANELY high like on the picture, even though I don't got a "k" CPU by Intel. I've never touched any settings in the BIOS except of fan speed.

Everybody say that all chips are different, but this is just insane. What can I possibly do?

More about : 3570 turbo reaches ghz

a b à CPUs
February 8, 2013 1:37:07 PM

Why would you want to, if it`s stable, and the cpu temp is 60c or less at that speed you got a bloody good overclocking chip. I would smile not complain. Just keep and eye on the temp of the cpu if it hits 80c or more start to worry.
m
l
February 8, 2013 2:05:45 PM

I dont know if you want to show off or anything, if this is true why would you want help to clock down? My theory is this program is faulty and isnt reading properly.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2013 2:13:43 PM

andover said:
I dont know if you want to show off or anything, if this is true why would you want help to clock down? My theory is this program is faulty and isnt reading properly.

I worry because the temperatures are rising a lot during the time where the CPU goes on such a high frequency. Usually in gaming the temperature stays around 55 C, suddenly now and then the CPU clock frequenzy just keeps rising, which increases the temperature by a lot. I'm only worried for my CPU's safety, I would just like it to last for a few years and I believe it might shorten its lifetime.
m
l
February 8, 2013 2:18:42 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
I worry because the temperatures are rising a lot during the time where the CPU goes on such a high frequency. Usually in gaming the temperature stays around 55 C, suddenly now and then the CPU clock frequenzy just keeps rising, which increases the temperature by a lot. I'm only worried for my CPU's safety, I would just like it to last for a few years and I believe it might shorten its lifetime.

If heat is a problem, you could always buy an after-market cooler. A cheap, effective one to meet your needs might be something like this:

http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/product.php?product_id=66...
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2013 2:29:40 PM

does it show 4.8ghz using a different software?

like cpuz

just tried hwinfo64 and its telling me one of my ssd drives is 128c

so may be not reading your cpu speed right

try 1m digits of superpi

the time it takes to calculate that should tell you if its actually 4.8ghz
m
l
February 8, 2013 3:44:57 PM

mcnumpty23 said:

Really? I was always under the impression SSDs don't show up in monitoring things for temperature, seeing as they don't run hot anyway. Mine doesn't show up a program called hwmonitor.
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2013 3:55:00 PM

phil_livesey said:
Really? I was always under the impression SSDs don't show up in monitoring things for temperature, seeing as they don't run hot anyway. Mine doesn't show up a program called hwmonitor.

its showing in the sensors tab of this software

24c for my samsung 830ssd which sounds about right

but 128c for my mushkin ssd which is obviously wrong

and my older intel x25-m it doesnt show a temperature for that--but thats in a hot swap bay
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2013 4:13:02 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
does it show 4.8ghz using a different software?

like cpuz

so may be not reading your cpu speed right

try 1m digits of superpi

the time it takes to calculate that should tell you if its actually 4.8ghz

Picture of 128 C or it didn't happen! :D 

It has been as accurate as GPU-Z and hwmonitor so far. I'm getting exact same numbers. :) 

- Still no one that knows how to cut the frequency down to the proper numbers?
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2013 4:17:23 PM

drop the multiplier?

how fast does it do superpi 1m when its showing 4.8ghz?

edit--picture--4th hard drive in list

m
l
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2013 4:58:03 PM

You know it makes me laugh here.

The thermal throttle control, in the first picture posted is turned off in the bios if you look no wonder eh !

It states it is turned off for all four cores of the Cpu.
Lol.

And no doubt overclocking or Intel speed boost is enabled in the Bios.

Turn on the thermal throttle control in the bios, and turn off the Intel speed stepping option to off.

If you can it will stay at stock speed, and if it gets too hot on that throttle the cpu speed depending on how much demand is required of the cpu by programs running in windows.
On a stock setting base speed of the cpu or an overclock, buy Intel speed step.
Simple. Or leave the auto over clock and if it thinks the cpu is to hot it will throttle the cpu speed of the four cores to keep it cooler. Job done ! I still don`t see a problem though it looks like you got a good Cpu, with a good overclock. Just keep and eye on the temps of the Cpu, if your not happy follow what I told you to do.
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2013 5:23:27 PM

Best answer selected by lostgamer_03.
m
l
!