Sign in with
Your question

Mainboard splashscreen and windows startup are shown onscreen, but...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2012 2:47:43 PM

But after that the monitor ceases to receive input.

Hello, forum!
I'm wondering if you can help me with an issue that has plagued me for the past few days: When I start up my PC, normally, I will see the motherboard splashscreen and then the windows startup screen, but after that the monitor literally just ceases to receive anything. I can hear windows startup, the fans and harddrive still make sound and I'm quite certain that the computer is operational other than the fact that I cannot see what is happening. Disabling quick boot just causes a bluescreen after the windows startup message. Launching the PC in safe mode is fine, and is how I am making this post. I've also found out that if I uninstall the video card drivers in safe mode, then reboot the PC, the computer works fine and is useable (although I cannot change the refresh rate and there are only a few resolution options). In safe mode when the drivers are installed I noticed that nVidia Control Panel is not there, so I am unable to change much to do with my video card. The lack of input only occurs when nVidia drivers are installed.
I believe that the issue may be the result of windows booting to an incorrect refresh rate, as booting the computer in low-res mode does not fix the issue. In safe mode, and in normal windows when the drivers are uninstalled, there are no options to change the refresh rate from "hardware default setting".
Specs are listed below - does anyone here know of a fix to this, or have any suggestions as to why this may be happening?
Thanks in advance

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6007 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570, 6 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1907626 MB, Free - 1463981 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, H55M-ED55 (MS-7635)
August 5, 2012 4:23:37 PM

Hi, that happened to me once, but was a good while ago.
The only differences was that I had absolutely no screen up untill the windows login screen. So I used it like that for a while. I think it was some update, maybe windows or maybe the driver that fixed the problem.

The only thing can come up with atm is that you could try to re-install the drivers, see if there are updates.

Did you make any software or hardware changes, or did this just start randomly with a system that usually worked for you?
m
l
!