Suggestions and Help with New Build for Higher End Gaming PC

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Hello, I am interested in building my first PC. I have had laptops and desktops for gaming over the years, alienware, ASUS, etc. I am wanting to build my very own, not just to save a huge hunk of cash (though that is a factor) but for the experience and knowledge. I am a novice with this, and plan to study tutorials and take it slow. I went to CyberpowerPC and built a desktop I wanted, the reason was to get the parts! lol So based on the desktop config I made on Cyberpower I came up with this build (yes, pretty pricy)

Case - Thermaltake Commander Mid-Tower Gaming Case

Fans - Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans

Noise Reduction - Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts

CPU - AMD FX-8150 3.60 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

Graphics Card - AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card

Cooling Fan - Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

Motherboard - CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 990FX Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable™ 3, Dual Bios, On/Off USB Charge & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB 3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI

Power Supply - 1,000 Watts - Cooler Master Silent Pro Gaming 80 Plus Power Supply

RAM - 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

Hard Drive - 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Optical Drive - 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Operating System - Window 8 (release end of October)

WiFi - 802.11b/g/n 300 Mbps Wireless Card + External 2.4G 5 Dbi Omni-Directional Wireless Antenna

What I am wanting to know is what do you guys think of the build? Did I forget anything? Is this a respectable build for high end PC gaming? Any suggestions?

-Please be easy on me, this is my first time doing this...

lol build it yourself. you get to save money and not get scammed

performs better in almost everything
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/iqka

1; fx sucks for games
2: you dont need that much ram
3; my motherboard has a wifi card if you need one
4: you dont need that much wattage
5; you dont have a SSD which means your rig wont feel very fast
6:the d14 cooler cools better and quieter
7; lol you dont need that many fans