I have a partition "e: " on my hard disk and would like to eliminate it so
I only have the "c: " drive left. How can I do this?

You will need a 3rd party partitioning tool, such as BootIt Next Generation, www.bootitng.com, or Partition Magic, www.powerquest.com. A free alternative, which I haven't tried is Ranish Partition Manager, http://www.ranish.com/part/

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

In news:36480831-AD5C-4CD6-B0B9-1705B78ACCBF@microsoft.com,
kuddech <kuddech@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I have a partition "e: " on my hard disk and would like to
> eliminate
> it so I only have the "c: " drive left. How can I do this?

First a couple of points on the terminology:

1. You don't have *a* partition, you have *two* partitions: C:
and E:.

2. You don't want (presumably) to "eliminate" E:. If you
literally did that, you would end up with the space it used to
take being unallocated and useless to you. What I assume you want
to do is combine the two partition as a single C: partition,
using all the space on the drive.

I mention the above points, not to give you a hard time, but
because if you don't understand them, you are at risk of choosing
the wrong options when you try to do this.

Now, as to how: Unfortunately, no version of Windows or DOS has
ever had the ability to change the partition structure of a drive
without losing all the data on it. To do so requires the use of a
third-party program. Partition Magic is the best-known such
program, but there are shareware/freeware alternatives. One
shareware product that gets good reports from several MVPs
(although I haven't used it personally) is Bootit Next
Generation.

Please reply to the newsgroup

I will buy the partician magic software in a local store. Thanks for the advise
kuddech

In news:0835A845-E249-4517-9EA1-75DC26F61EBC@microsoft.com,
kuddech <kuddech@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I will buy the partician magic software in a local store.
> Thanks for
> the advise kuddech

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Let me add one more piece of advice: make sure you have a good
backup of anything you can't afford to lose before beginng. A
problem using it isn't terribly likely, but it's not impossible
either.