Opinion on my PC, suggestions for future

renvaar

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Hey guys, with the help of some parts from a friend I finally could afford to build my own PC. It'd be great to get peoples opinion on it, and what things I might wanna change out for better components in the future.

So here it is:

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G45
CPU: AMD FX 4100 (overclocked to 3.9mhz) with arctic cooling freezer extreme
Graphics card: Radeon HD 6850 with stock cooler changed to arctic cooler (overclocked clock from 800 to 950 and memory from 1000 to 1150)
8GB RAM DDR3 800mhz
Thermaltake case but I forgot which model, cheap one
Total of 8 fans in it (varying sizes, so its cool but sounds like a jet engine)
GX Bronze 400W power supply

Dunno if this image link will work but

renvaar

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Thanks BigTroll, It's always useful to have someone point out the obvious. But I said I used a lot of parts from a friend, so actually no, there were no parts cheaper than free.

I use it mainly for gaming, and right now I can pretty much play all the latest games in high settings. I just want ideas on what I would want to change out first, what component is most behind the times, suggestions of what to change to etc. It stays pretty cool but I would also like to reduce the noise a little, right now its just a lot of random fans...

renvaar

Honorable
May 21, 2012
thanks, I'll try that next time I turn it off and on. But any suggestions on the actual components I'm using? The cooler master fan I'm using on the back is great, I can feel the warm air its blowing out of the machine from 40cm away, but its louder than everything else put together....

renvaar

Honorable
May 21, 2012
I was thinking of changing the motherboard to the Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, it's cheap and has some great reviews. Also, before I change much else I'm gonna need a larger power supply right?

For the fans I might try a more better case and change a couple fans for something with a little less noise.

Nw333

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
CoolerMaster dont make the greatest of PSUs, most of them are barely of GOOD quality. Except the Silent Pros, which are awesome PSUs.

I actually dont get how its running 8 fans, an overclocked 6850 and an overclocked FX-4100 lol.