Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

3D vision on a 580

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 5, 2012 5:13:03 PM

Would I be able to run most games around max settings with 3d on a gtx 580? I will be running at 1080p so I only need about 2x AA and max AF. Also is this a good 3D monitor?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V4AK2K/ref=s9_simh...
I would only like to spend around 300 on the monitor.

More about : vision 580

August 5, 2012 10:35:04 PM

what's the rest of the system specs, and is this the 3GB GTX 580 or the 1.5GB GTX 580.?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
August 5, 2012 11:15:34 PM

I have the exact same monitor, and instead of having a 580 I have a 680, so a bit better than your card but they are still both top of the line cards so somewhat comparable.

I would say you should be able to run most games on high settings, probably not max though. I play BF3 in 3D, and I have to turn a few things down(mesh, no MSAA, motion-blur off, HBAO off, etc.) in order to maintain a frame rate of 60fps. But BF3 is one of the most demanding games out there. What games do you plan on playing? That would allow us to answer your question better.

As for the monitor, I love it. Keep in mind that they have released a newer version of Nvidia 3D Vision, "Nvidia 3D Vision 2". Version 2 is much brighter, and has a bit less ghosting/crosstalk. I don't feel that it's too dark with the first generation of monitors though. The image is noticeably darker but you can still make out everything on the screen fine.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 6, 2012 4:27:17 AM

verbalizer said:
what's the rest of the system specs, and is this the 3GB GTX 580 or the 1.5GB GTX 580.?

I have an AMD six core at 4GHZ and it is the 1.5GB version.
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 4:27:51 AM

trogdor796 said:
I have the exact same monitor, and instead of having a 580 I have a 680, so a bit better than your card but they are still both top of the line cards so somewhat comparable.

I would say you should be able to run most games on high settings, probably not max though. I play BF3 in 3D, and I have to turn a few things down(mesh, no MSAA, motion-blur off, HBAO off, etc.) in order to maintain a frame rate of 60fps. But BF3 is one of the most demanding games out there. What games do you plan on playing? That would allow us to answer your question better.

As for the monitor, I love it. Keep in mind that they have released a newer version of Nvidia 3D Vision, "Nvidia 3D Vision 2". Version 2 is much brighter, and has a bit less ghosting/crosstalk. I don't feel that it's too dark with the first generation of monitors though. The image is noticeably darker but you can still make out everything on the screen fine.

I play most modern FPS games not really any RPG's or anything like that.
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 10:51:45 AM

DjArtifact said:
I have an AMD six core at 4GHZ and it is the 1.5GB version.

I have/had almost the same...
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 8:20:27 PM

When i first got 3D vision i had just one GTX 580, it played everything on max with AA turned down or it played everything on a mix of high/max with AA turned up.

Now i have two in SLI and i dont see myself needing to upgrade until at the earlist nvidia 7xx cards
m
0
l
August 6, 2012 8:26:43 PM

question in relation to thread....

so does only having 1.5GB of VRAM effect 3D at all compared to a 3GB version in a different manner then normal monitors.?

what I'm trying to say is the difference the same at 1080p resolution (normal monitor) with 2 GPU's one having more VRAM than the other
or does the 3D add to the VRAM usage.?
or is it just the monitor being 3D and that's it.?

also I'm skipping the GTX 7 series possibly if it is like the GTX 5 series to the GTX 4 series.
now if it has major enhancements then I might.
but the way things look I'm waiting for the GTX 880..!
m
0
l
!