Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Intel i5 3470 + 7950 vs FX 6100 + 7950

Last response: in CPUs
Share
February 8, 2013 5:08:02 PM

I wanted to buy Intel i5 3470 Plus the Sapphire 7950 OC'ed edition or the FX 6100. So how will it run games like BF3,Crysis 3 and farcry 3. Also I wont change the PC for next three years, will it be ok? I will only be using for gaming only. Also I want to cut down the cost,so can I reduce the processor.

Best solution

a c 851 à CPUs
February 8, 2013 5:23:52 PM

Forget the FX6100 just consider the FX6300 instead. I would go with the I5 if I was building.
Share
February 8, 2013 5:25:39 PM

Best answer selected by hotshot2797.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2013 5:26:55 PM

Why would you go for the i5 if you were building rolli59?

Also considering the OPs comment here:

Quote:
I will only be using for gaming only. Also I want to cut down the cost,so can I reduce the processor


If you were only gaming and looking to reduce the costs of the CPU in order to get a better GPU wouldn't an FX-6300 (my original recommendation but none are available in his area) work for just that? Aren't games moreso GPU bottlenecked than they are CPU bottlenecked?

Remember... he is trying to save as much money as possible and trying to get the best gaming bang for his buck for the next three years.
m
0
l
a c 851 à CPUs
February 9, 2013 3:03:14 AM

ElMoIsEviL said:
Why would you go for the i5 if you were building rolli59?

Also considering the OPs comment here:

Quote:
I will only be using for gaming only. Also I want to cut down the cost,so can I reduce the processor


If you were only gaming and looking to reduce the costs of the CPU in order to get a better GPU wouldn't an FX-6300 (my original recommendation but none are available in his area) work for just that? Aren't games moreso GPU bottlenecked than they are CPU bottlenecked?

Remember... he is trying to save as much money as possible and trying to get the best gaming bang for his buck for the next three years.

I5 with 7950 or 6100 with the same, was my reasoning.
m
0
l
February 9, 2013 3:07:05 AM

FX 6100 so? Also any cheap motherboard?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 9, 2013 3:20:29 AM

Forget about fx 6100 in amd go for fx 6300 or intel i5.
m
0
l
February 9, 2013 3:22:19 AM

ASHISH65 said:
Forget about fx 6100 in amd go for fx 6300 or intel i5.

No FX 6300 In India
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 9, 2013 3:32:34 AM

No it is coming in march.amd will release fx 4300 and 6300.
m
0
l
February 9, 2013 3:37:12 AM

You must be an Indian, so where should I buy components online?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 9, 2013 3:40:20 AM

Flipkart.com but they most overpriced.which city do live?
m
0
l
February 9, 2013 3:42:26 AM

Jodhpur Mate. And Flipkart is too overpriced
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 9, 2013 3:53:46 AM

Try at local store
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 9, 2013 4:04:07 AM

Local are cheaper
m
0
l
!