Sign in with
Your question

ASUS Xonar DX interference!

Last response: in Systems
September 25, 2012 7:33:17 PM

I am using an ASUS Xonar DX audio card, and whenever I play games or do something that requires more power to the graphics card than just viewing the desktop, my microphone gets interference from the video card (or so I believe). my graphics card is: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1 GB, clocked at 930 MHz core and 1100 MHz memory. I have tried resetting it to stock settings, but no luck. my motherboard is a ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, and being a mATX mobo, with a weird layout, the sound card is placed just above the graphics card, and I have no free PCI-e x1 slots, so I can't move the card.

Now my friends don't want to play with me while talking on Skype, as the sounds from my computer are quite loud.
September 27, 2012 3:39:49 PM

What is your PSU?

Are you able to replicate the noise in other games or GPU intensive activities?

I am not familiar with minecraft, but are you chatting through a third party program such as skype or vent?

Also which type of headset do you have?
September 29, 2012 3:19:19 PM

velosteraptor said:
What is your PSU?

Are you able to replicate the noise in other games or GPU intensive activities?

I am not familiar with minecraft, but are you chatting through a third party program such as skype or vent?

Also which type of headset do you have?

My PSU is a Cooler Master GX 650W, but I am considering a Corsair HX 850.

The sounds are there in every game I have: Minecraft, League of Legends, ArmA II with DayZ, and even if I start up Furmark. Also, if I scroll in any browser, there's another weird sound. Althogh, Minecraft is actually the worst, with EXTREME sounds in the menu. Just listen to the .wav file (or what it was) I linked to in the second post.

I am using a Steelseries Siberia v2, although I am considering a 7H.
!