ASUS Xonar DX interference!

Lauen

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I am using an ASUS Xonar DX audio card, and whenever I play games or do something that requires more power to the graphics card than just viewing the desktop, my microphone gets interference from the video card (or so I believe). my graphics card is: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1 GB, clocked at 930 MHz core and 1100 MHz memory. I have tried resetting it to stock settings, but no luck. my motherboard is a ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, and being a mATX mobo, with a weird layout, the sound card is placed just above the graphics card, and I have no free PCI-e x1 slots, so I can't move the card.

Now my friends don't want to play with me while talking on Skype, as the sounds from my computer are quite loud.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
What is your PSU?

Are you able to replicate the noise in other games or GPU intensive activities?

I am not familiar with minecraft, but are you chatting through a third party program such as skype or vent?

Also which type of headset do you have?

Lauen

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012

My PSU is a Cooler Master GX 650W, but I am considering a Corsair HX 850.

The sounds are there in every game I have: Minecraft, League of Legends, ArmA II with DayZ, and even if I start up Furmark. Also, if I scroll in any browser, there's another weird sound. Althogh, Minecraft is actually the worst, with EXTREME sounds in the menu. Just listen to the .wav file (or what it was) I linked to in the second post.

I am using a Steelseries Siberia v2, although I am considering a 7H.