Solved

CPU for Image rendering only

Hello brothers and sisters!

I am building a second computer. It will ONLY be used for image rendering with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Maybe video editing too later with Adobe premiere pro. The build will be mini-itx form factor. A dedicated GPU will NOT be part of the build. So my question is which CPU is best for my purpose. I was earlier thinking of going with i5-3570k but then I bumped into this :

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/cpu-charts-2012/compare,3169.html?prod[5855]=on&prod[5755]=on

benchmark 33 in the bottom of the page states that AMD A10-5800K was performing faster than i5-3570K in Photoshop CS 6. Is this because Photoshop CS 6 is able to utilize A10-5800K's integrated GPU ???

Is A10-5800K really a better CPU for Photoshop???

thx for your input!!!! :love:
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about image rendering only
  1. 3570k is alot stronger than the 5800k, id get a 50$ addin card for photo shop.
  2. iceclock said:
    3570k is alot stronger than the 5800k, id get a 50$ addin card for photo shop.

Sorry, but that is a stupid answer. I am speculating the facts here. Please at least read my whole post. A10-5800K is half the price of 3570K + add in dedicated card.

Thx anyway for trying...
  3. It's the IGPU. AMD's APU line completely and utterly trashes Intel's IGPUs. If you are looking at a value perspective, go ahead and get the A10. Just, if you plan on getting a graphics card later, the i5 would be the far superior option (supposing you get a 6670 or better)...Though, the 965 BE costs half that of the i5 2500k, and performs only 20% slower (That equates to, like, the 965 being 27% slower than the 3570K).

So yeah. A10.
  4. MajinCry said:
    It's the IGPU. AMD's APU line completely and utterly trashes Intel's IGPUs. If you are looking at a value perspective, go ahead and get the A10. Just, if you plan on getting a graphics card later, the i5 would be the far superior option (supposing you get a 6670 or better)...Though, the 965 BE costs half that of the i5 2500k, and performs only 20% slower (That equates to, like, the 965 being 27% slower than the 3570K).

So yeah. A10.

Thank you for an un-biased answer.

I found almost none data about the benchmarks concerning image rendering where these two CPUs were put against via yahoo so do You have an idea how much faster i5 + 6670 would be compared to A10-5800K with integrated GPU in image rendering with Photoshop CS 6?? Considering A10-5800K would be half the price of i5 + 6670 combo...
  5. Best answer
    Are you aware that most of photoshop is still cpu based? Here's a list gpu accelerated features. http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cs6-gpu-faq.html#cs6_features Otherwise the i5 is twice as fast. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-performance-comparison,3370-13.html
  6. my answer wasnt stupid. just stating that a10 is junk for video editing or photoshop. its cpu and memory intensive. photoshop work aint made for a10 or a8 cpus.
  7. Best answer selected by naama.
  8. jaja :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Photoshop Rendering