Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

WHICH ONES AND WHAT TO UPGRADE TO IN MY COMPUTER

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 5, 2012 7:26:57 PM

Hi, I want to upgrade my PC so that i can play MW3, or BF3, or TF2 on at least medium to highest settings, with cheap price.
I live in Canada, so i want the parts to ship to Vancouver, Canada, or able to buy at Best Buy or Future Shop.
Anyways, I have a really bad computer. It's HP P6604f. The Specs are on this website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02...

I really want to be able to play games, but even combat arms lags, so i had to play in windowed mode.

I have this processor in mind that i want to upgrade my processor to: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (HDT55TFBGRBOX)
which is $149.00, I personally think that it is too expensive. I'm not even sure if it is expensive for the specs of the processor or not, because im a computer noob.

I'm not quite sure if it can run BF3. If u know, can u please tell me on what settings I can play on too?
If it can run BF3, I'm pretty sure it can run MW3 as well.

For the Graphics card, I want a good cheap one that is powerful enough to run BF3.
(I have 1090 x 1080 screen resolution)
It will be great if you can recommend me a good cheap graphics card.

I know it sounds stupid, but I dont know what else to upgrade. I don't know if Processor, and Graphics card are the only things to upgrade when upgrading a computer for gaming.

I have a ATI Radeon HD 4200.
Im not sure what that is. Im not sure if its a Video adapter, or a graphics card. and i dont know the diffrence between those two.

I cant even find my ATI Radeon HD 4200 in my computer. I dont know how it looks like.

Can you tell me where to find it, and where to install the New Graphics card?

It will be great if you can help me explain all these things, and tell me what and where to buy.

Thanks

More about : upgrade computer

August 5, 2012 7:36:59 PM

First of all, buying a hexa core is not really needed. You could save a few bucks and get this one:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Secondly, please define cheap. Gaming graphics cards cost anywhere between $60 to $1000, and if you want to play BF3 on medium settings, you'll have to spend at least $110:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

If you want to buy something more powerful, you'll have to upgrade your power supply as well.

However, we really need to know your budget before we can make any more recommendations.
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 3:56:30 PM

Sunius said:
First of all, buying a hexa core is not really needed. You could save a few bucks and get this one:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Secondly, please define cheap. Gaming graphics cards cost anywhere between $60 to $1000, and if you want to play BF3 on medium settings, you'll have to spend at least $110:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

If you want to buy something more powerful, you'll have to upgrade your power supply as well.

However, we really need to know your budget before we can make any more recommendations.

Thank you so much for your reply.

I like the processor that you recommended me. I'm going to buy that one.

For the graphics card, I want to play BF3 on higher settings that the Xbox one.
Is the Medium settings better than the Xbox graphics or the same?
I kinda want to play on high settings.

I can spend $200 to $300 for the graphics card.
and I don't think the power source for a more powerful graphics card is not that expensive. or is it?

If the medium graphics the same or worse that the Xbox graphics, I want to get a better graphics card.

Can you recommend me a better graphics card just in case?
Will it fit in my computer?
If it needs a power supply, can you recommend me one? I dont think its too expensive is it?
Will the power supply and the graphics card fit in my computer?
The size of my computer case is on this website
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc [...] 0475#N1037
Under the "Computer Case" section when you scroll down.

Thank you so much for your help.
I appreciate it.
Thanks again.
P.S I'm sorry if I have too many questions.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 9, 2012 6:48:28 AM

*please note*
before buying anything, you MUST check for compatibility between parts. ive seen people try and put certain AMD CPU cores in with a NVIDIA graphics card. didnt work out well.
m
0
l

Best solution

August 9, 2012 9:17:35 AM

MoldySanvich said:
Thank you so much for your reply.

I like the processor that you recommended me. I'm going to buy that one.

For the graphics card, I want to play BF3 on higher settings that the Xbox one.
Is the Medium settings better than the Xbox graphics or the same?
I kinda want to play on high settings.

I can spend $200 to $300 for the graphics card.
and I don't think the power source for a more powerful graphics card is not that expensive. or is it?

If the medium graphics the same or worse that the Xbox graphics, I want to get a better graphics card.

Can you recommend me a better graphics card just in case?
Will it fit in my computer?
If it needs a power supply, can you recommend me one? I dont think its too expensive is it?
Will the power supply and the graphics card fit in my computer?
The size of my computer case is on this website
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc [...] 0475#N1037
Under the "Computer Case" section when you scroll down.

Thank you so much for your help.
I appreciate it.
Thanks again.
P.S I'm sorry if I have too many questions.


Hey sorry for late reply, I was away for a few days.

$200-$300 for the graphics card.. In a week, GTX 660 Ti is launching, and it's gonna cost $299. It has very nice performance, only matched by cards $400++ currently. Even if you don't buy that, it will make other cards cheaper for sure (due to competition).

As for the power supply, it would cost around $60. I'd recommend this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Since your case is standard size, they will both fit without any problems.

The GTX 660 Ti will max out Battlefield 3 at 1920x1080 resolution too.

As for Monarchco, you're talking nonsense. Processor has nothing to do with graphics card compatibility, as PCIe versions are backwards compatible.
Share
August 9, 2012 6:01:29 PM

Best answer selected by moldysanvich.
m
0
l
August 9, 2012 6:26:02 PM

Glad I have managed to help you :) .
m
0
l
August 9, 2012 6:49:40 PM

Sunius said:
Hey sorry for late reply, I was away for a few days.

$200-$300 for the graphics card.. In a week, GTX 660 Ti is launching, and it's gonna cost $299. It has very nice performance, only matched by cards $400++ currently. Even if you don't buy that, it will make other cards cheaper for sure (due to competition).

As for the power supply, it would cost around $60. I'd recommend this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Since your case is standard size, they will both fit without any problems.

The GTX 660 Ti will max out Battlefield 3 at 1920x1080 resolution too.

As for Monarchco, you're talking nonsense. Processor has nothing to do with graphics card compatibility, as PCIe versions are backwards compatible.

Thank you. I will definately buy The Power supply that you recommended me.
and i will definately buy GTX 660 Ti, or buy GTX 670 when the price goes down when GTX 660 Ti.
Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.

Your answer is definately going to be selected as the best answer. thank you.
m
0
l
August 9, 2012 7:08:18 PM

Cheers :D 
m
0
l
!