Sign in with
Your question

Zalman ZM-600-GT good enough for Sli setup?

Last response: in Components
February 8, 2013 8:22:29 PM

So,is that powersuply good enough for a GTX660Ti SLi and i7-3770K build?I was asking this earlier from one other forum and they didn´t like it,altough they did not have any proof of its bad quality.I paid 90 $ from it and it is only 3 months old so,i would not like to replace it.So my question is,would it handle My SLi setup with mild overclocking?

More about : zalman 600 good sli setup

a b ) Power supply
February 8, 2013 8:32:03 PM

could it handle it? yes
for how long since you would be really pushing it? its a roll of the dice

February 9, 2013 2:25:44 PM

dirtyferret said:
could it handle it? yes
for how long since you would be really pushing it? its a roll of the dice

Why?It has nice modular cables 80 + bronze etcetc.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 9, 2013 3:06:43 PM

badgerneer said:
Why?It has nice modular cables 80 + bronze etcetc.

that's lovely but that is not how you judge a power supply, you judge it by independent reviews by professional sites with the right equipment to review it.

the issue is, two GTX660ti jan push 300w at peak. the rest of your system will add another 150w or so at peak

so while your PSU (its really a re-branded FSP 600w) can handle that kind of power output, pushing it to 75% peak constantly will increase heat output and can lessen its lifespan. So its not an ideal set up but it will work.
February 9, 2013 4:03:02 PM

dirtyferret said:
that's lovely but that is not how you judge a power supply, you judge it by independent reviews by professional sites with the right equipment to review it.

the issue is, two GTX660ti jan push 300w at peak. the rest of your system will add another 150w or so at peak

so while your PSU (its really a re-branded FSP 600w) can handle that kind of power output, pushing it to 75% peak constantly will increase heat output and can lessen its lifespan. So its not an ideal set up but it will work.

It should work for 1.5 years or less,and it is only 3 months old.You think it would last that?
February 9, 2013 4:07:08 PM

And could you give me a link to the FSP review,since there is not any reviews from the zalman...
a b ) Power supply
February 9, 2013 4:13:15 PM

badgerneer said:
It should work for 1.5 years or less,and it is only 3 months old.You think it would last that?

it should and im not sure if that PSU platform was ever tested under zalman, FSP or any other brand
!