Solved

Best GPU for modern games 250$

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: After August 16th (when 660 comes out)

BUDGET: 250$ After rebates

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, Minecraft

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: I don't have a pc yet

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Same as above

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S): Doesn't matter as long as it trustable

PARTS PREFERENCES: Don't matter I just want good performance

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe. SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I want to be able to run GW2 maxed out with a steady 50-60 fps. I don't have a pc yet, I plan to be building one within a few weeks. I want to find a gpu that will run most modern games smoothly
25 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best modern games
  1. Best answer
    Wiat for the 660 to come out, and see if its 250$

    If its not,

    My best bet would be the GTX 560TI
  2. I would look at the Radeon HD7850 lower power consumption and if need be over clocks like a dream.

    Also it runs very very low temps depending on the model I would look at MSI but there very quit as well.
  3. When the 660 ti comes out it should push the 570 down to below $250.

    If not, the 560 ti is at $189,99 after rebates, which is the lowest I've ever seen it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130604
  4. I would agree with the Radeon 7850. The 560ti was too hot and loud from personal experience.
  5. Wait for 660 TI otherwise save $20.00 more and get a 7870 560 TI and 7850 are rather weak cards IMO i have owned both at one time or another and was not impressed.
  6. bigcyco1 said:
    Wait for 660 TI otherwise save $20.00 more and get a 7870 560 TI and 7850 are rather weak cards IMO i have owned both at one time or another and was not impressed.

    +1
  7. So in a nutshell, I should wait for the price drop on the 7850?
  8. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127662
    MSI R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
    $279.99
    $259.99 after mail-in rebate card
  9. verbalizer said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127662
    MSI R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
    $279.99
    $259.99 after mail-in rebate card
    +1
  10. verbalizer said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127662
    MSI R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
    $279.99
    $259.99 after mail-in rebate card


    Is the 7970 far better than the 7850?
  11. zachmartin1202 said:
    Is the 7970 far better than the 7850?

    YES.!!!!!! :bounce:
  12. The 7970 is the top of the line single gpu card from amd, so i would say yes
  13. even though I linked the HD 7870, it's still far better..
  14. verbalizer said:
    even though I linked the HD 7870, it's still far better..

    My apologies, I meant to say 7870 not 7970. So does 7870 outperform 7850?
  15. zachmartin1202 said:
    My apologies, I meant to say 7870 not 7970. So does 7870 outperform 7850?
    YES.
  16. or get this version of the card for a few bucks less even

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103208

    both it and the msi twin frozr are 280 before rebate but the Diamond
    card is 255 after rebate vs. msi 260 (both free shipping)
  17. jtenorj said:
    or get this version of the card for a few bucks less even

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103208

    both it and the msi twin frozr are 280 before rebate but the Diamond
    card is 255 after rebate vs. msi 260 (both free shipping)

    :non:
    MSI over Diamond any and everyday of the week..
    and only a $5 difference....?!
    get outta here with that..
  18. verbalizer said:
    :non:
    MSI over Diamond any and everyday of the week..
    and only a $5 difference....?!
    get outta here with that..
    +1 :pfff: Diamond seriously? Over MSI time to put the pipe down bro you have had a little to much!
  19. Alright you guys can settle this dispute somewhere else -__-
  20. There no dispute were just steering you in correct direction take it or leave it it's your choice mate.
  21. Best answer selected by Zachmartin1202.
  22. Actually, I've decided to change to the 560ti for budget. Sorry guys
  23. No problem!As long as your happy with the 560 TI that's all that matters. ;)
  24. Just remember for a system using a single GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.Overclocking of the CPU and GPU(s) will, of course, increase the +12 Volt continuous current rating required depending on the magnitude of the overclock you are trying to achieve. Anyway,good luck and i hope you enjoy your card.
  25. austing said:
    Wiat for the 660 to come out, and see if its 250$nnIf its not, nnMy best bet would be the GTX 560TI
    nn
    zachmartin1202 said:
    Best answer selected by Zachmartin1202.
    nnstill an incorrect answer...nGTX 660 Ti = $300
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics Product