Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Guild wars 2 Graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 5, 2012 8:20:16 PM

Ok so I'm gonna build a new pc for the up coming game Guild Wars 2 but I can't decide which graphic card to get and my budget is going to be max 280 Euro ( I live in Europe-Hungary ) and for 280 Euros in here I can get a Gtx 570 msi twin frozr 2 or a Gigabyte OC HD 7850 for 200eu right now . But I was wondering if there are any good other cards around this price . I'm a fan of Nvidia myself plus I'm going to play games in 3D with a regular 3D glasses or watch movies and stuff and I heard Nvidia's better in 3D? and also GW2 might have physx which I'm not so sure about .oh and I'm going to play Battlefield 3 as well so . another option is to wait for the GTX new 600 series if they'r coming this month ? are they worth the prices ? the PC that I'm trying to build spec is :

Motherboard Asus P8H77 PSM
Intel I5 3550 3.3Ghz
8Gb of ram 1333
600 W psu corsair
AeroCool Strike X
1.5 Tb hard at 7200 RPM

Thank you!
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 8:32:58 PM

Guild wars 2 isnt very demadnding, the cards you mentioned will go well beyond maxing it out.

Yea Nvidia is the way to go for 3d, but playing games in 3d is going to be more taxing on the GPU, so youll need a fairly strong card.

Seeing as you'll also want to play BF3 a 6xx series would be highly recomended, but either way wait cos the prices will drop on the other cards you listed
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 8:37:21 PM

From your given option I would pick the GTX 570 it is a litte faster but overclocking might reach it closer to the 580 performance, this means it would destroy the HD 7850 but also 7850 isn't a bad option, if you wait for the GTX 660ti then it is much more better for you.
Related resources
August 5, 2012 8:47:35 PM

Ok thx guys ! do u have any idea when the 6xx series are coming ? because the GW2 is going to launch at 28th this month so I kinda need it before the launch
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 8:57:43 PM

expected date is next month.
August 5, 2012 9:03:04 PM

Afk Toilet said:
Ok thx guys ! do u have any idea when the 6xx series are coming ? because the GW2 is going to launch at 28th this month so I kinda need it before the launch


I'm not too good with gpus, but I believe 6xx are gpus like 660. I just read that the confirmed release for the 660 is August 16th. And if you are on a budget prices should drop on other gpus with the release of the 660.

I am also building a pc and looking at gpus for gw2. I have looked at the 7850 and it appears to do great with guild wars 2.
August 5, 2012 9:08:44 PM

zachmartin1202 said:
I'm not too good with gpus, but I believe 6xx are gpus like 660. I just read that the confirmed release for the 660 is August 16th. And if you are on a budget prices should drop on other gpus with the release of the 660.

I am also building a pc and looking at gpus for gw2. I have looked at the 7850 and it appears to do great with guild wars 2.



Great then I might go for the 660 ti or watever it is if the price wont be higher than my budget for sure since its newer than any other . yea i heard 7850 is pretty awesome but somehow I like Nvidia more since my friend has one 560 and we watched 3D movies and stuff and that's when I made myself clear about wat card I'm going to get :D  do u have any idea if GW2 is going have 3D option ?
August 5, 2012 9:21:28 PM

Afk Toilet said:
Great then I might go for the 660 ti or watever it is if the price wont be higher than my budget for sure since its newer than any other . yea i heard 7850 is pretty awesome but somehow I like Nvidia more since my friend has one 560 and we watched 3D movies and stuff and that's when I made myself clear about wat card I'm going to get :D  do u have any idea if GW2 is going have 3D option ?


I'm not too sure about that I basically have just been looking for gpus for it. But about the 660, most of the time, you have to pay top dollar for gpus that had just been released. If I were you I'd find a gnu that is the equivalent of better, for less.
August 5, 2012 9:48:49 PM

zachmartin1202 said:
I'm not too sure about that I basically have just been looking for gpus for it. But about the 660, most of the time, you have to pay top dollar for gpus that had just been released. If I were you I'd find a gnu that is the equivalent of better, for less.


True that ! Well then i guess i just stick to 570 or 580? which is more than enough for gw2 :)  we'll see how the prices go down :D 
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 9:56:19 PM

Get the 570 it is very decent card.
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 10:00:41 PM

The 580 is usually really expensive, while the 570 is at a great price. I would personally wait for the 660 ti because I think the price will be below $300, so probably around 250 euros. If anything it will help drive the 570 prices down.
August 5, 2012 10:09:10 PM

Ironslice said:
The 580 is usually really expensive, while the 570 is at a great price. I would personally wait for the 660 ti because I think the price will be below $300, so probably around 250 euros. If anything it will help drive the 570 prices down.


I would do the same but I dunno how long it takes to come to Hungary and its going to be only reference and I think it takes at least a month for other manufactureries to produce it ? i dunno :D  the 570 twin froz 2 in here is 280 euros now .
August 5, 2012 10:34:37 PM

xtreme5 said:
Get the 570 it is very decent card.


I think I will ! just hoping the price go down a little bit :D 
a b U Graphics card
August 5, 2012 11:18:32 PM

The 660ti is expected to be ~$300 (US Dollars), so I believe that would be in your price range(EUR). It could be a little higher though, we don't know yet. Whether you get that or the 570, wait. The 660ti will likely drive the 570 price lower. And if they are similar price, the 660ti will perform much better, while consuming a lot less power.
August 6, 2012 12:18:41 AM

trogdor796 said:
The 660ti is expected to be ~$300 (US Dollars), so I believe that would be in your price range(EUR). It could be a little higher though, we don't know yet. Whether you get that or the 570, wait. The 660ti will likely drive the 570 price lower. And if they are similar price, the 660ti will perform much better, while consuming a lot less power.



So u think I should get the reference card ? don't they have like heat problem ?do u know how long it usually takes for the other manufacturers to produce it? cause I need the card before 28th if its coming in mid august :D 
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 3:25:11 AM

Non-reference cards typically release 2-4 weeks after reference. Reference don't have a heat problem unless you want to overclock, and for GW2, you won't need to if you are getting a card like the 660ti. I have a reference GTX 680, and it never gets close to alarming temps.
a c 92 U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 5:27:28 AM

Afk Toilet said:
So u think I should get the reference card ? don't they have like heat problem ?do u know how long it usually takes for the other manufacturers to produce it? cause I need the card before 28th if its coming in mid august :D 

If you are just looking to play gw2, its probably not worth the wait. 7850s are going for $200 can max the game while the 660ti coming out is going to be $300 at least for reference models.
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 6:07:07 AM

esrever said:
If you are just looking to play gw2, its probably not worth the wait. 7850s are going for $200 can max the game while the 660ti coming out is going to be $300 at least for reference models.

If he plans to eventually run with 3D(stated in first post) he will probably want an Nvidia card though...
August 6, 2012 12:15:43 PM

Yes I think I should stick with the Nvidia :)  well lets hope that's its going to be 300$ ,because usually in europe prices are higher , for example 7850 is 300$ in here :S
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2012 11:29:27 PM

I still think its a good idea to wait and see, I'd say the 660ti reference may be on your budget, but the aftermarket models are going to be more.

The point is, it will bring the prices down anyway, probably not alot on the Nvidia side, but youll definitely save something.
!