Which System to sell

Wolfshadw

Titan
So I'm having a bit of a financial crises. I have essentially, two identical systems - One I intend to offer for sale:

1) Intel Core2Quad Q8400 based system
2) Intel Core I5-760 Quad-Core system

Both systems have 8 GB of RAM. The Q8400 based system has 4x2GB of DDR2-800 RAM. The I5-760 based system has 2x4GB of DDR3-1333 RAM. The system I sell will get an AMD Radeon HD4650 (not much, I know). The system I keep will inherit my Geforce 8800GTS-640. I'm not much of a gamer now, but I am looking at Borderlands 2 and Mechwarrior Online and a graphic card upgrade (GTX670) when finances are back to normal.

So my questions are:
1) Would I really notice any difference running an 8800GTS-640/GTX670 on a Core2Quad Q8400 system as opposed to a Core I5-760 based system (1920x1080 resolution)?
2) Would it really be easier to sell the Core I5-760 based system over the Intel Core2Quad G8400 based system? Assume a $350 price point.

I'm not really going to go into specifics at this point, but I'm looking at selling:

-Rosewill Case
-Antec PSU (capable of running a Geforce 8800GTS-640)
-Gigabyte H55M-S2V motherboard w/Intel Core I5-760 CPU + 8GB (2x4GB DDR3-1333) RAM
or
-Gigabtte GA-EP43-UD3L motherboard w/Intel Core2Quad Q8400 + 8GB (4x2GB DDR2-800) RAM

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
-Wolf sends

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
I'm going to go a slightly different direction here - I'd suggest that you explore among family and friends to see if someone (or their kid) is looking for a cheaper PC (not coworkers/bosses).

A good chunk of the price loss in selling used electronics is trust -- if the person knows that you wont sell them a lemon (and you will be around to fix it if it breaks) they will give you a more fair price.

Along these lines, if you can feel out what the buyer wants before selling you can build them the PC that best fits usage. It's entirely possible that you will find an older person that just bought their first flat screen TV and who is looking for an HTPC to email and video chat on. It's also possible that you will sell a World of Warcraft PC to a teenager - for this one you would go with the cooler looking case, etc.